Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EURIKA! Another blue egg....

Options
2»

Comments

• Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    Options
    commemorative of what?
  • yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    People in Florida wanting the egg to match the color of their swimming pools. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    commemorative of what?
    This is my one and only guess:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    commemorative of what?
    some significant milestone or anniversary is my guess
    canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    Was the BBE a mistake made in Mexico?  If not, what was the reason for a Blue Egg?
    special commemorative edition
    Commemorating what?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    commemorative of what?
    Well, then when's the next milestone so that I can get a Blue Egg? :)
    (I think it was produced by mistake)
  • bhedges1987
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    commemorative of what?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vcPIA_E6AXg

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• JacksDad
    Options
    Tony_T said:
    Tony_T said:
    commemorative of what?

I agree. I would totally buy a Big Blue Egg, or a Big Red Egg. 

Maybe @The_Buffalo can point out to management that many on this forum seem to be fascinated with eggs of a different color...

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• Canugghead
    Options
    Anyone's guess is as good or better than mine, perhaps y2k??? I could have heard wrong or did not get the full story, my source said it was special edition in 2000.  FWIW, this special edition XXL could be a mistake =) 

Tony_T said:
    Was the BBE a mistake made in Mexico?...

Yup it must be the colour-blind drunk painter down there that dropped a bottle of tequila and messed up the paint tint, NOT new coke like brilliant market research made in (BGE's not Coke's) Atlanta HQ  :s  

Tony_T @HeavyG  sorry I don't have the definitive answer for you, perhaps you can ask Bruce at BGE and put it to rest? or keep on ...

canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    JacksDad said:
    Tony_T said:
    Tony_T said:
    commemorative of what?

I agree. I would totally buy a Big Blue Egg, or a Big Red Egg. 

Maybe @The_Buffalo can point out to management that many on this forum seem to be fascinated with eggs of a different color...

I want to be able to mix different base and dome colors. :)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• I like the green but I'd kill for a orange and blue egg  =)
    Parker, Colorado
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    fiver29 said:
    I bought mine in Florida in that area in that time period.  Posting pics over the years could be challenging because there is always a newbie saying it's not real, painted, a knock off, etc., etc.  Probably why even to this day I'm here only so often.  If it's not green some people can get not so nice.

When I bought mine it had a dual hinge to open it.  Was a real pain.  I upgraded that to a single hinge you had to manually pull down when the top was open to release and lower the top.  Then I upgraded that to the spring assist.  I've changed the nest twice.  The gasket was changed once.  I upgraded the thermometer to a true temp.  

All in all I love both my babies.

Love that brother and still loving the goodies!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DaveRichardson
    Options
    That blue egg would make one helluva bottle warmer!!!  Hopefully he rethinks his choice and keep it!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

How the hell is this beauty even available!??

Can one of you guys down there please just go buy it.  Someone from our groups should have this thing.

Phoenix 
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Options
    Dealer I bought my Blue Egg from sold it saying it was a limited edition Florida Gator Blue Egg.  I'm thinking being in Florida he was just saying that as a sales guy.  He just wanted to move them.  I've never heard any official reason for the blue color.  Other than they were tinkering with different colors and ran ~100-200 blue and that was it.

I've always been curious about the color as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• _Moose_
    Options
    I'd love to have a red one if they decide to tinker with any other colors... Fingers crossed! haha

MBGE, Blackstone Tailgater Grill/Griddle Combo

Outside Birmingham, AL

• Canugghead
    Options
    _Moose_ said:
    I'd love to have a red one if they decide to tinker with any other colors... Fingers crossed! haha
    it's called Kamado Joe  =)
    canuckland