Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Year Party

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So far, have two pork loins ala Bobby Flay, two racks of ribs ala Smokin' Todd (a true rib pioneer), wings ala Finger Lickin' Tom (a chicken cooking master), some smoked sausages ala whoever feels like cooking them, a pack of 100 frozen hors' doeuvres, some Smokin' Todd spinach dip, and most likely some chips and salsa and possibly others on tap for NJ's rockin' New Year's Eve party. Add to this lots of beer, darts, and music! Tomorrow is shaping up to be quite a party!!![p]Happy Holidays to everyone and their friends and families!!![p]
Cornfed

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cornfed,
    Address please??? I've got 4-wheel drive![p]Happy New Year!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Cornfed, The part that scares me is the '..have lots of beer, darts...' May I suggest 'eye protection' to the mix?!
    Cheers to you and Todd and the gang,
    BBQfan1

• Cornfed
    BBQfan1,[p]Thanks for the suggestion. And boy, you should see the darts my brother got me for Christmas. 80% tungsten 26 ounce monsters. These things could easily penetrate solid steel...and probably will tonight![p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cornfed,
    You mean 26 grams?? 26 ounces makes a helluva dart. Eye protection won't work with those 1 and a half pounders!![p]Maybe the pre-eggfest festivities hold some dart games.
    Have fun!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Nature Boy,[p]Oops. Yes, grams, not ounces. Thanks for the correction. I throw the 26 gram darts at dart boards. I shouldn't have even mentioned my 26 ouncers - those are reserved for throwing at things like armored cars and tanks...but I've said too much...[p]Just kidding...[p]Cornfed
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Nature Boy, 26 ouncers. We have those up here in Canada, but we call them lawn darts, and I don't think Joisey is prime territory for lawn darts today!

• Cornfed
    Cornfed,[p]Just as a party update, the fridge has been loaded with so much beer I am embarrassed to open the door in front of mature adults (I consider myself and most of my friends immature adults...we can turn it off and on...tonight, it's off). ST is arriving in about an hour to start up the ribs so they'll be done around 9. The wings and loins will be started a little later to finish around 9 give or take an hour (depends when guests want food). I'm about to start my last ditch cleaning efforts to ready this apartment for a load of hungry and thirsty brothers, cousins, and friends. Also, I need to plan for several contingency sleeping quarters for those who overindulge in the libations so they won't need to drive. I figure we're being dangerous enough chucking around 26 "ounce" (hehe) darts and we don't want anyone on the road tonight.[p]Enjoy,
    Cornfed