Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    Looks deeeeelicious, @bgebrent! :flushed:
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Brent must be into the sauce early today. Cursing at all of us.....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Getting ready to head to Napa for the weekend!  Not to worry...will be home early enough Sunday to still cook up 4 racks of ribs!!!!  Joys of being only 40 minutes away from Wine Heaven!!!  I'm just guessing I will have a new bottle to go with those Ribs on Sunday!!!
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

As I am driving I smell something burning.  Not brakes and not oil. It was the most pleasant apple wood fueled fire.
    If you zoom in you can see smoke coming out of the stack and the temp gauge not at zero. 

I shut off my jeep and was away from it for 15 minutes.  When I got back in, the AC vents blasted that fantastic smell into the cabin once again.  Too bad I could not follow him/her to the party.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    kl8ton said:

As I am driving I smell something burning.  Not brakes and not oil. It was the most pleasant apple wood fueled fire.
    If you zoom in you can see smoke coming out of the stack and the temp gauge not at zero. 

I shut off my jeep and was away from it for 15 minutes.  When I got back in, the AC vents blasted that fantastic smell into the cabin once again.  Too bad I could not follow him/her to the party.

Good deal and he is pulling into fill up with gas with a fire going   =) Nice !!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Good deal and he is pulling into fill up with gas with a fire going   =) Nice !!!

Yeah that gas station is really tight.  You HAVE to get within 10 feet of a pump weather you pump gas or not.  I may have an update later. :fearful:
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Attempting a clean burn. Done using this one as a smoker , hoping to burn off those smells.

Seattle, WA
  • SkinnyV
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Is this clean burn a bit dangerous with the high que? This thing blew past the highest thermometer reading and has me a bit worried.

edit: leaving it wide open guess I will find out. Pulled the thermo to salvage it.
    Seattle, WA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Went on a food tour in Kraków today. The most unusual traditional dish was rabbit kidneys. 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @DoubleEgger. Good for you!!  How did you like it? Had that once at a polish festival, and while not great, it was okay.  I would probably not order it again. 
    Bit yours looks a thousand times better than mine did. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Just picked the corners up for my shed refacing. Sucks it is going to be so hot, or they would go on this weekend.   

Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @DoubleEgger. Good for you!!  How did you like it? Had that once at a polish festival, and while not great, it was okay.  I would probably not order it again. 
    Bit yours looks a thousand times better than mine did. 
    It was alright. I would have rather had some dry aged beef they had. 

• Dyal_SC
    Options
    Cooking a roast in the kitchen oven.  :anguished: Can't find the lock key to my patio chest that houses all my eggcessories.  Was planning on smoking up the chuck roast for pulled beef sandwiches.  Gonna hafta use bolt cutters before I get to use my egg again. I'm going through egg withdrawals. Hold me. :hug:
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Cooking a roast in the kitchen oven.  :anguished: Can't find the lock key to my patio chest that houses all my eggcessories.  Was planning on smoking up the chuck roast for pulled beef sandwiches.  Gonna hafta use bolt cutters before I get to use my egg again. I'm going through egg withdrawals. Hold me. :hug:
    Pace yourself
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    Attempting a clean burn. Done using this one as a smoker , hoping to burn off those smells.

Seattle, WA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    You lock up your eggsessories?  Rough neighborhood. Roaming deer gangs?
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Legume said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Yup, it was a stupid mistake.  There was a hole for a lock, so I used it.  :i_dunno:  It was unneeded. Lost the keys during our recent move.  :minus_one:
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Frying fish
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Legume said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Yup, it was a stupid mistake.  There was a hole for a lock, so I used it.  :i_dunno:  It was unneeded. Lost the keys during our recent move.  :minus_one:
    Not every hole is intended to be filled. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Pace yourself
    Yeah you don't want to get too tired. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sweet and spicy bourbon salmon. 

Looks really good Jason!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    Wondering where everyone is.  Friday night and this joint is slow :(
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I've become disenchanted with my Cowboy lump.  What lump do you favor?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I've tried, but nothing. Brent didn't play long and Husker flagged me. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I just got home from the lodge. I have started drinking and removing my clothes though. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I've become disenchanted with my Cowboy lump.  What lump do you favor?
    I prefer cowgirl lumps.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm guessing the others have lives. Lol.  Good night fellas. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I've tried, but nothing. Brent didn't play long and Husker flagged me. 
    Blake just gets possesive. Not even sure why he likes the Broncos.  Figured him for a Tampa Bay fan.