Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Charcoal/Gas Combo Grill

Options
What are your thoughts on the charcoal/gas combo grills.  My father-in-law just bought one and something about having them together and being safe.  If you ever had a leak in the gas grill, you better make sure the gas bottle is off.  He spent $300 on this.  Outdoor Gourmet Pro Triton Classic GasCharcoal Grill and Smoker Box

Looks convenient, but not sure how long this will last. 
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    AKA, the El Camino.
  • jbjet45
    Options
    I had one before  I got my egg, I loved it.  My wife could grill on the gas side when I wasn't around or when I wanted something fast.  I used the side burner to light my chimney full of charcoal.  It was alright for what it was 
  • tikigriller
    Options
    I have the same thing!!!!!   ;)
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I have the same thing!!!!!   ;)
    Just a little more spread out, but two Gasser's?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • tikigriller
    Options
    Nope. Stainless steel one is all charcoal. 
    Just bought an Egg?  Here is what you get to look forward to now:

Plate Setter, FlameBoss 200, Spider, PSWOO-CI, Additional Rig Shelf for dome cooking, Thermapen, iGrill2, Cast Iron, Blackstone, Cooking Accessories for the Blackstone, Cover for the Egg and the Blackstone, shopping for Rub like a fine wine or IPA, and a new fascination with lump and what brand is the best-all to be debated every Friday Night.  Next desires-Joetisceriie, Adjustable Rig, Grillmates, table and more eggs

Livermore, California