Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mini green egg

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
does anyone know about the mini green egg,such as;can it fit a small chicken?how big of a roast?how many coals will it hold?is there a shipping cost?anyone have any pics?where can i get one in the los angeles area?anything at all would be helpful.thanks!

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    BGEMinisteak.jpg
    <p />joe bob:[p]Here are pictures of a single ribeye being cooked on a Mini. You could cook two chicken halves, two steaks, or anything that can fit on a nine inch grid. There is room for enough lump to handle anything you could fit in side. At the top of this forum there is a dealer locator . . . Just enter your zipcode.

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    djm5x9, Is that "Char Crust" you have on that meat?
    if so, which one!

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Mop:[p]Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Another personal favorite is 50/50 Lawry's and Obie Cue's Fajita Seasoning. I have tried the Char Crust series and although it is good, the taste bud satisfaction vs. cost was not there . . .

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    djm5x9, Thanks, I`ll try the kosher salt and fresh ground pepper tonight.
    I recieved a pepper mill filled with three peppercorn medley.
    That sounds good....

• joe bob,[p] Sorry about the empty post, its been a while. I got a mini for Christmas and it's great. I have been lusting after BGE for years but had not made the leap. I have only cooked a couple of chops, but they were great. I had no trouble getting to 600 deg F in 18 deg weather. For my two bits worth, the mini is well worth having. As soon as possible, it will have a "big brother".