Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RibEyes & Shrimp tonight....

Mop
Mop Posts: 496
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any tips on the shrimp......I`m doing two pounds....Some i`ll fry in garlic and butter, some with Montreal Steak Spice, some in curry and the rest on skewers in the green cooker.[p]ROgER

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Mop, I've used Italian dressing for a 1 hr. marinade and grilled for a minute or two each side, depending on size of shrimp and temps. Great everytime. ( not creamy dressing)Bob

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Mop:[p]Soak your skewers (if wood) in water an hour before use.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Mop,[p]For those you intend to grill. Use Wishbone "robusto" italian dressing as a marinade. May I humbly suggest a favorite recipe? To the wishbone, add a teaspoon of Jamaican jerk sauce or a few spashes of your favorite hot sauce and then a tablespoon or 2 of honey.[p]K~G

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    minicook.jpg
    <p />Mop,[p]I cooked these last night and they were a hit,when i went downstairs this morning my daughter was eating the left overs for breakfast,the picture was taken last summer while we were on vacation.I only had my mini egg with me,i put a cherry tomato in between each shrimp.
    Larry[p]

[ul][li]Shrimp to die for[/ul]
  • YB
    KennyG,[p]You beat me to the punch.Happy New Year to you and Carol and the rest of our Egg friends.[p]Larry&Kaye
  • Mop
    YB, Thanks for the great ideas guys........What is this Mrs Dogs stuff

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Mop,
    Here is her website. Julie is an egger, and posts under JAppledog I think. She has many award winning concoctions to choose from.
    Cheers!
    NB

[ul][li]Mrs. Dog's[/ul]
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mop
    Nature Boy,Thank you!

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Mop,[p]Here's a pretty simple recipe from the Flay book for Garlic and Red Chile Oil that he suggests as a sauce for shrimp:
    1 cup plus 1 TBSP olive oil
    2 TBSP minced garlic
    1 TBSP chopped or 1 TSP dried Thyme
    1 TBSP chopped or 1 TSP dried Rosemary
    2 chipotles
    1 TSP ancho chile powder
    2 TBSP lime juice
    salt and pepper to tase[p]Use 1 TBSP olive oil to saute the garlic, then add this plus the rest of the ingredients EXCEPT the last cup of olive oil into a blender and process until smooth. Now add the cup of olive oil and blend for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.[p]I was planning on making this tonight when I thought I was going to be grilling shrimp. I may make it anyway since I bought all the ingredients and just use it as yet another side dipping sauce for the boatloads of food we're cooking since it looks like it is very easy to make (no long simmers and such).[p]If you try it, let me know how it turns out. This Flay character has some neat sounding recipes.[p]Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cornfed,
    That does sound good. he does seem to come up with some unique recipes....but what a dud (that's DUD not dude) to watch on TV![p]Thanks for posting that. Wouldn't have thought about thyme and rosemary with shrimp...but I need to learn these herbs better anyway. [p]Enjoy your celebration. Already have a Dominion Stout open while I watch football! Wouldn't mind seeing the Ravens win. Makin some chicken tonight to bring to the inlaws. [p]Cheers......and cheers again.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Mop
    Is there a difference between Wishbone and Kraft zesty Italian Dressing?
    I ask cause I don`t think Wishbone is sold here?

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Mop, If it means the difference between braving the weather and staying inside having a pre-party Sleeman's, then the answer is 'No; no difference whatsoever'. :)
    Have a great night, and a mellow tomorrow!
    BBQfan1

• Mop
    BBQfan1,How are you doing?
    Isn`t this weather something!
    We had our neighborhood open house yesterday and that pork butt went over real well.....
    Over 8 pounds and it was gone in a flash....
    The Memphis Magic sauce from "Smoke and Spice" went first, it has such nice texture to it.......[p]Happy New Year to you and your girls!
    Roger!
    p.s.
    I`m outa Sleeman`s.....I`m into the Carling Light.....

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Nature Boy,[p]I'd like the Ravens to win, also. Now that the Jets are out, it's much easier to be objective. I'd like to see the Ravens/Titans/Raiders battle it out in the AFC and Minnesota and New Orleans play in the NFC. If I was forced to predict, I'd have to go with the AFC Central to win it all. Not sure which AFC Central team, though. Both Balt and Tenn look really good.[p]Cornfed
  • KennyG
    YB,[p]The best of the New Year to you and Kaye and our ever growing family. It's time for some serious cooking and drinking tonight.[p]K~G

• YB
    KennyG,[p]I just got back from the winn-Dixe,got a 7lb. standing pork crown roast,I will stuff the center with Jimmy Dean sausage and cook on the big Egg. Kaye will cook collards,black eye peas,sweet pototes and fried corn bread and no telling what elese.Kenny,do you know why everyone eats pork on New Years day.[p]Larry
  • YB
    YB,
    Sorry,else,potato.[p]yb

• KennyG
    YB,[p]Nope, don't know. Why does everybody eat pork on New Years day?

• YB,[p]YB you are a man after my own heart. Send over your address and I'll try to get there in time for the collards, the peas, the potatoes, the bread and lord knows what else. I guess it would be too much to ask that you all break up the crown roast and just do smothered pork chops. Hurry up with that address so I can get right over there. yes, these are the good old days.

• YB
    KennyG,[p]It's good luck,a pig never looks back, it's head always looks in front of it.[p][p][p]Happy New Year[p]Larry

• YB
    char buddy ,[p]I just set a extra plate,dinner is at 7:00 pm.I don't why, but Kaye cooks for all the empty chairs at the table,nobody gets up hungry.[p]Larry