Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A lot of reading, not much posting (pic heavy)

Options
mac59
mac59 Posts: 6
I figured since I am constantly on here reading and learning from others that I would share some successes...had the eggs for a while now and made several upgrades as most do after the obsession takes hold.  Plan on being more active in here moving forward, but thank you all for the tips in the past and for the future! 

Wild caught duck with a balsamic reduction, roasted vegetables

Hands down one of my favorite things to do on the eggs!  Ground hot italian sausage, mozzarella, red sauce, and finish with some fresh basil

Split chicken with a jerk rub, first time on the rub...would add more heat next time

Upgraded table, first time I got theses bad boys going together

Filet and lobster...what more needs to be said

Dry ribs, fell off the bone when these were finished.

Comments

• gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    Some amazing looking food!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Well, I'm stupefied. That is the second "new" member, who has been a professional lurker, who has dropped THE BOMB in one night. I think we can all fairly say for the "professional posters" on this forum that in general we need to up our game ladies and gents. If nothing else, I speak for myself.

Incredible

Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Options
    Jeez - where have you been? WOW. 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Eggdicted_Dawgfan Posts: 1,896
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If I could turn out good Looking grub like that my post count would be a lot higher. Very well done @mac59 keep the cooks coming.
    Snellville, GA

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice cooks my friend. Post more and talk to us. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    Yes, post more. Those cooks look great. All of them.
    Stillwater, MN
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I like your table. Thanks for finally posting. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    All looks good! I have not cooked lobster yet but I plan on it soon.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Amazing start- food looks like a seasoned hand. 

not to be Debbie downer but over the years some people have had tables catch on fire when placed directly on the pavers. Need to put some egg feet or the new mini nest to give an air gap. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Great cooks.  And welcome aboard.

Where are you located?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    Options
    @mac59 - How did the lobster turn out? What was your cook time? Did you ever flip it to meat side down momentarily? Sorry to pepper you with questions - I've just been thinking about doing tails for a while. Thanks in advance! 
    Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2

• bhedges1987
    Options
    Great eats right there 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Welcome.  Nice looking meals. Looks like we taught you well! Anyone with two dogs can't be all bad!
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • mac59
    Options
    @PASmoke the lobster tails turned out great and are very easy to do.  Split down the center and pull the meat out so it "rests" on top of the shell, tail still connected.  EVO, pat of butter, minced garlic and some SP whisked up and basted on.  These cook relatively fast at high temp (5-7 min. depending).  I did not flip them as the shell acts as a nice buffer from the flame.
  • mac59
    Options
    @td66snrf I like to think I'm an alright guy and would hope the pups agree!  Have two shelter dogs that are treated like queens around here.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing quite a launch.  Nailed it.
    And I echo the comment above about getting an air-gap between the BGEs and your table.  It may take a few years but the heat will win the end-game with the wood failure and you don't want to be there.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Your cooks look spectacular! I would have loved to partake in any of the consumption. The duck in particular really trips my trigger! Thanks for sharing!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Wow.....just wow. Let's see more of this as you go along.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow