Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Announcement: The 3rd Annual Brisket Camp is October 22, 2016

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @DMW - You and Tony and Dylan have your spots at my crib if, and I hope you do, come.   You might have to do some spooning, but I can almost guarantee that you probably won't remember it one way or another.  And we still have a hammock. ;)

Please y'all, no fires outside the grills this year.  Thanks for putting that last one out, Dwayne.
    October is the last month of our fiscal year. Those of us in sales are typically discouraged from taking vacation days in the last month of a quarter, let alone the last month of the year. However, I just met my quota this week, so I think I might be able to get a couple days off without too much inspection.

And I'm more than happy to keep things safe.
    https://youtu.be/_UpZZGeOP2Q
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    I am going to mark the calendar.. Maybe convince the wife I am going to learn something...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @johnmitchell oh, you'll learn something alright. More than you care to know. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    @johnmitchell oh, you'll learn something alright. More than you care to know. 
    I've learned more than I care to know just from the pictures of past events. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Gonna try and make it happen this year.  Any chance anyone else from the Tampa area might wanna hitch a ride?    Thursday to Sunday or Monday?   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I'm in!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I have an event I can not miss on Friday Night here on the coast. But I'll be riding over first thing in the morning Saturday Morning. I can bring the supply truck(rv) if you want. I can also bring The Grocery Cart. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Luvnlife
    Options
    Sounds like a great time. Wish I could make it! Can't wait to see some pictures of it. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy. Would love it if you made it.  Yeah bring the truck n cart!
    Options
    Carrie, as much as I wish I could join you, it's not in the cards.  You bitches have fun!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    @Thatgrimguy. Would love it if you made it.  Yeah bring the truck n cart!
    I'm definitely coming. I may even drive over Late Friday night. We just have a memorial party for a very close friend's mother who passed away last year. And wouldn't you know it's the same weekend.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • DMW
    Options
    Flight booked, I'm in.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    I would love to attend this event, but it just doesn't work out schedule wise. What are the odds of setting next years date much earlier? That way time off can be scheduled further in advance, etc. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @CTMike - we did it earlier the first year and it was still "summer" weather.  In context of New Orleans, heat index through the roof.
    Options
    @CTMike - we did it earlier the first year and it was still "summer" weather.  In context of New Orleans, heat index through the roof.
    I think he meant deciding on the date earlier, not holding the event earlier.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @DMW - GOTCHYA!  I must've skipped over the second sentence.  ;)
    Options
    DMW said:
    I think he meant deciding on the date earlier, not holding the event earlier.
    Yup, I meant plan out the event earlier in the year. That said, I am working on the wife to be able to attend this years event. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Next year I'll give it an extra couple of months advance announcement.  You're right!
    Options
    Do you have any hotel recommendations in the area? 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Managed to get flights by using points on Delta.  I'll get in Friday morning, return Sunday afternoon, assuming I'm still alive.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DMW
    Options
    Managed to get flights by using points on Delta.  I'll get in Friday morning, return Sunday afternoon, assuming I'm still alive.
    I'm staying until Monday. Figure courts aren't open on the weekend...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Any BnB in the Algiers point is good.   Be careful with AirBnB, I know one sheethole on the list.  You can really stay at any hotel in the French Quarter area....it's close because of the ferry.  We go back and forth via Uber and it's about $11-17 going over the Mississippi river bridge.

Compass Point is nice.

Run anything by me and I'll put my ear to the ground.  PM me, or your number and we'll work out an experience you'll be telling your grandkids about.
    Options
    @DMW - GOTCHYA!  I must've skipped over the second sentence.  ;)
    Deplorable. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @ctmike we had a good experience with VRBO last year in Algiers Point, but I think they're in bed with Airbnb these days. I know @piney loved  the B&B they stayed in. Something on the point maybe?
  • DMW
    Options
    @ctmike we had a good experience with VRBO last year in Algiers Point, but I think they're in bed with Airbnb these days. I know @piney loved  the B&B they stayed in. Something on the point maybe?
    @theyolksonyou - Jason, you going to be there this year?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @dmw not looking promising, but not completely ruling it out. 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    @ctmike we had a good experience with VRBO last year in Algiers Point, but I think they're in bed with Airbnb these days.
    Not really, and VRBO is usually better than AirBnB.
    NOLA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    @ctmike we had a good experience with VRBO last year in Algiers Point, but I think they're in bed with Airbnb these days.
    Not really, and VRBO is usually better than AirBnB.
    That's what I get for listening to my wife. I never book shît. I'm too impatient. Or drunk. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I can't which bums me!  If you can go you should!  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga