Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gonna have a party, and you're all invited!

Options
2»

Comments

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Hurricane update --

We've been escalated to what amounts to severe thunderstorms with 30 mph winds. These things change hourly, and the party is still on.

we would, of course, appreciate that nobody go out if it's dangerous. 

If there ar more changes, I'll post as the party draws closer.

Our best thoughts are with those in the direct and most dangerous path as the night wears on... 

Be well
    thanks!

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• ThrillSeeker
    Options
    .............Anxiously waiting for pics.  Sounds like this is gonna be EPIC!

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    .............Anxiously waiting for pics.  Sounds like this is gonna be EPIC!
    Here's a teaser. I do butt frozen when they go on.. Here's a dome that won't close until they warm up.  First time three at once!!!

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Guess the mods can't make the party...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• johnmitchell
    Options
    @MaskedMarvel.. Keep an eagle eye on that drip pan, those 3 beasts are going to put out some mean drip.. Looking good.. See ya later..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    I always do my butts frozen, but they didn't fit in the egg!! I just let it go with the lid not closed, they eventually settled in... Smells pretty pretty pretty good over here. :)
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Don't think we'll run out of beer any time soon....

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Damon, I had all intentions of stopping by but I got hung up and won't  be able to get by. I'm normally in on Friday but not today. Sorry! Piney

Lenoir, N.C.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    piney said:
    Damon, I had all intentions of stopping by but I got hung up and won't  be able to get by. I'm normally in on Friday but not today. Sorry! Piney

Hey man -

crazy weather here today makes it difficult for everyone. Stay safe. We'll grab a beer together soon!

thanks for letting us know
    8-D
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    @MaskedMarvel that sounds like a great party!  Wow.  Good times.

I'll give you one warning as I once did an overnight cook into all day cook for a party once.  In my case, I cooked some pork butts, then some ribs, and then while the ribs were resting I put on wings... 

...you may end up with some flare-up issues due to all the fat from multiple cooks.  I see you have a drip pan but with all that, and burgers, and other goodness...and opening the grill frequently to do the burgers and wings tomorrow.  Just keep an eye on it.   I'm not sure of the solution to that, but for me it made for some thick black smoke in the egg that would flare up every time I opened it and some overlap while cooking.  Plan accordingly. 

Based on the look of that cooler, you clearly have already planned accordingly.  :plus_one:

Enjoy the party.  Wish I was closer and could swing by for this shindig!
    LBGE/Maryland
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Have one for me!! I'm at Mi Carreta in Lenoir having one for y'all!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    I just stopped by to quench my thirst after work.. Man o Man!!!!.. Damien has gone all out on this one... If you walk away sober and hungry then you need help man... Awesome set up..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Just now falling face first into bed. Brandi supposedly has some pics. 

It was a whirlwind for me, especially those first hours where everything wasn't quite ready and lots of people came. @johnmitchell awesome to see you, my friend.  And thank you guys for the thoughtful gift.

We we had about 60 or something come. Not too shabby for potential hurricane doom.  

We hope all our friends in the path of Hermine, and especially those on the OBX right now, are safe. Our best thoughts are with you.

ok. Gonna try and sleep.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• ThrillSeeker
    Options
    Bump for pics 

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Large BGE and Medium BGE