Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eye of Round

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all - working on cleaning out the freezer, & have a couple small eye of round roasts. To dang hot to fire up the oven inside; any suggestions for B.G.E???[p]ERIC

Comments

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    e.b.,[p]
    Marinate in mixture of Soy Sauce, sugar, and ground ginger... I cut it into steaks and then marinade. Only about 4 hours or so max on the marinade or the ginger starts making the meat mushy....

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    e.b.,
    "PIT BEEF". ...simply set up your egg indirect at 375 degrees.....rub the roast heavily with salt and dizzy cowlick or redeye express (or other good beef rub). ...roast till it hits 130 internal temp (this will only take about 1 - 1 1/2 hours .. . let rest under foil tent for about 15 minutes. . .then, and this is the key, slice very thinly (shaved is the best way to put it, if you have an electric slicer, thats best) ... then serve it on kaiser rolls with raw onions, and either horseradish or bbq sauce.....[p]wess b has a pictoral (slightly different method but similar results) on his web site www.wessb.com

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    e.b.,
    We do quite a few eye roasts. I like to liberally apply sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Then cover the roast with bacon. The bacon addes just enough fat to give some minor flare ups for flavor. I cook them at about 375 to 400 direct until they hit about 125 internal. The secert is to not over cook it. Let it sit 15 minutes and cut it as you eat (not ahead of time). This keeps it nice and juicy.
    Enjoy.
    BD