Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is the 3 1 1 ribs method

Options
dan
dan Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am about to cook a lot of ribs and was told to do them the 3 1 1 method....What is it??? where can I find the instructions to do
it?

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Dan,
    You can see a picumentary of how I have done them on my website...in the cooks section..[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Dan,
    Basically, you cook them 3 hours indirect at 250 degrees. Then you foil the ribs and do them for another hour at 250. You can actually do them longer if you think they need to be more tender. There is also the 3-1.5-1 method which is 1.5 hours in the foil. Then you remove the foil and finish the ribs for an hour either direct or indirect (I do them indirect at 250) to firm up the meat and the outside layer. You may sauce them as you see fit once they are out of the foil. I do mine for about 1/2 hour at the very end. Good luck![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • jimmy
    jimmy Posts: 34
    Options
    I do 4 hrs at 225.......fall off the bone! Also try different woods. In the winter its hickory and mequite......summer apple,cherry and oak
  • Unknown
    Options
    WessB,
    hey thats a great lil website you got there. step by step instructions WITH pictures, haha. makes things easier for egg newbs like me.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    luis,
    LOL..That was the point...glad you liked it.[p]Wess