Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Size

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a family of 4 plus we have guest over, would you go with the large or XL- EGG![p]Most of the time I will be cooking steaks and ribs!
So of the time smoking brisket!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Jbannister,[p]I have a family of four with occasional guest(s).A grill extender with as many as three cooking levels has been built and used when necessary. My large has not failed. I am, however, thinking a medium BGE would be nice as an addition.[p]Good Egging!
  • John
    John Posts: 62
    Options
    pc_egger,[p]I got my large this spring and I have cooked for our family of 4 as well as 4 guests - I was able to get 12 chicken breast done on the large. The X-L I found to be too big and my wife or either teenage girls could not really lift the lid of the XL. I have a friend who has the XL and it does take more coal and longer to head up if you are just cooking for you and your wife (or girlfriend ;-) one night. Ribs on te large - did 8 racks this past weekend and feed 6 with leftovers for 2 nights.[p]My 2 Canadian cents worth[p]John