Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs for dinner

Options
SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
effcc236.jpg
<p />I got my new apple lump charcoal from Custom Charcoal.com and tried it out on some baby backs last night for dinner tonight. The lump had a good smell, burned pretty hot (hard to tell, it was 113º here yesterday) and really clean. I was cooking in 20 minutes with very little smoke until I added my soaked apple wood chips. Cooked indirect for 4 hours at 250º then kicked it up to 350º for an hour. Foiled for 1 hour, then back on direct for 40 minutes coated with Teryaki, Honey, Molasses and Apple Juice glaze. Of course, Dizzy Pig was there, this time Tsunami Spin.... just to try it! Man, the two I tasted last night were The Bomb! The new lump is promising! I also bought a 20lb box of Maple to try! Oh boy![p]

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    SuperDave ,
    Apple lump charcoal..... sounds gourmet. The baby backs look great, interesting glaze.
    Clay

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 224
    Options
    SuperDave ,[p]OH man! They look great![p]Did you you add your mixture (Teryaki, Honey, Molasses and Apple Juice) while you foiled? Or did do use the mixture after only to finish?[p]Never tried apple wood chips/chunks, but I just picked up a bag the other day while I was buying some Ozark Oak lump.[p][p]