Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak Monsters

Options
New bag of Royal Oak included some monsters..

Oh, and the money shot. 

Comments

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Options
    Shrimps look spot on!
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Mmmmm shrimp

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That's a nice pile of protein... Oh, and I get along very well with RO. It's not uncommon for me to get bags with chunks that are quite large. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options

RO can be great lump. I had bags where the dust and chips where less that a cup full. The problem is that the bag size is getting smaller for the same price. I am switching to Kamando Joe lump. It has bigger pieces and more dense.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Nice looking dinner!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Nice Surf n Turf supper!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    The food looks good.
    I opened a bag of R.O. the other day and it had chunks that make those look tiny. The big chunks made it easy to light with all the airflow. I just dislike the fine powder in the bottom of the bag sometimes even though I get unmolested bags straight off the pallet.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Just came back from vacation, my brother in law was at the house while we were gone.
    I had a nice big eye roll when I noticed he'd been using the egg, and he used up my last bag of Kamado Joe lump, and left 8 bags of Royal Oak alone.

He's a rookie, but he knows good lump.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically.