Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fuitawood sweet cherry

Options
Question for anyone that orders from here.

Just got my first shipment of SWeet cherry from them and it looks and smells quite a bit different than normal wild cherry I get from them. 

Just curious if I maybe got incorrect wood or this is indeed sweet cherry? 

It has no smell of cherry at all which normally their wild cherry has a very strong aroma. The wood is also as white as white oak.

The bottom picture is the wild cherry I normally get from them. 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    /bump  no one?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Sweet cherry has a different aroma and slightly sweeter smoke profile.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    I picked up some sweet cherry from them about a month ago.  Mine looks like the first pics, lighter in color.  Different from normal cherry I have had in the past for sure.  I agree that it is a very mild smoke.  Think I will stick with plain old cherry in the future.
    XL BGE
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    SPRIGS said:
    I picked up some sweet cherry from them about a month ago.  Mine looks like the first pics, lighter in color.  Different from normal cherry I have had in the past for sure.  I agree that it is a very mild smoke.  Think I will stick with plain old cherry in the future.
    Thanks. Was just making sure this indeed was sweet cherry since it looks and smells so different from the wild cherry I typically use. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg