Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Finishing packing and ready to fire up the eggs in their new home. Starting to get big green withdrawals. :confounded:  Moving sucks. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Waiting for the last few customers to come pick up their cars so I can go HOME!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Wrapping a couple tenderloin filets in bacon.  Oldie but a goodie.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Drinking ahead of a kids bday party
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Drinking fast eh?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Drinking fast eh?
    Guzzling. Got to be well fortified. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Drinking fast eh?
    Guzzling. Got to be well fortified. 
    And while there's not enough Tylenol in the world to completely hold off the headache that comes with a kids' party, you can reduce the consequences with a couple of XS Tylenol...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Bout to go get a lot of breakfast food then season the blackstone.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Well, this is working out well. Wife's driving. Been sitting in traffic for 50+ min. Party will be over by the time we arrive. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    Well, this is working out well. Wife's driving. Been sitting in traffic for 50+ min. Party will be over by the time we arrive. 
    Love it when a plan comes together.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Nice Jason!

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Nice Jason!

Better. #winning
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Damn Dwayne! Pure awesomeness there. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Just completed a online fantasy football draft.  Needed to get one in before my money league drafts on Sunday night.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Looks great @DMW - nice tan and no lines.  Given the 20 hour smoke about how many lbs of charcoal did you have to add after the initial fill?  
    You obviously have the process dialed in- about how many of these cooks a year on your rig?
    Related to all the ??-in my looking for a smoker, Meadow Creek has been recommended as one to give a hard look.  
    Edit:  I know your rig is a PR and a different animal than their smokers.
    BTW- no hurry on any response.  Enjoy several Woodfords and later works as I'm not under any time-line.
    In advance, thanks-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Bulleit and a CAO cause my pizza sucked tonight. With a clean burn cause a nasty platesetter made my pizza foul.

Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    Just finished mounting my bday toys received.  Single staging for volume SUCKS!   :)
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Friday night steak night. Ribeye for me, filets for the wife and mom. New grate on max is perfect! Look at those sear
    lines! 
    My brother, that is simply jaw dropping awesome.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Green Chile; my turn!

Ah, the house smells wonderful!!  Got another bushel, 38 bags in the freezer, 5 or 6 chiles per bag.  I also (personal tradition) made a pot of green chile stew, who cares if its 90 F outside?  
    I asked where this chile was from, and it's from west Weber County, locally-grown!  Will be interested to try it plain and see if I can taste a difference versus Hatch chile (without a side-by-side, I doubt it).
    Chiles have a point where they're perfectly roasted, the skins slide off easily in one piece and the flesh is perfect.  If they're under-roasted, the skin is a bear to get off, fortunately I've only experienced that once.  If they're over-roasted, the blackened skin comes off in tiny pieces, although easily.  This batch was slightly over-roasted, but it surprised me how firm and solid the flesh still was; then it hit me, since they were picked this morning (or so I was told) they were so much fresher than Hatch chiles taking a two-day semi-truck ride up the Interstate (they were perfect-looking, going into the roaster).  It will be very easy to make Chile Rellenos with these, often the flesh is so soft they fall apart before frying.  
    They tasted great in the stew; good heat (runny nose, forehead glistening, endorphins rushing) but I'll be able to taste the chile alone better tomorrow morning with huevos rancheros.  
    Happy happy!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Looks great @DMW - nice tan and no lines.  Given the 20 hour smoke about how many lbs of charcoal did you have to add after the initial fill? Didn't have to add at all. Started with 100lbs of Royal Oak Chef's Select briquettes and a decent about of oak for smoke.

You obviously have the process dialed in- about how many of these cooks a year on your rig? - This was my 3rd this year, don't have any others planned as of yet.

Related to all the ??-in my looking for a smoker, Meadow Creek has been recommended as one to give a hard look.  - The Meadow Creek TS series are quality reverse flow offset smokers, definitely take a look. I'd really like a TS250, but currently lack the real estate to store it as well as CFO approved budget.

Edit:  I know your rig is a PR and a different animal than their smokers. - Considerably different. The PR runs like an inefficient egg. Fire below, heat deflector in between fire and food. The TS is a true indirect stick burner you can also fire with charcoal if you want.

BTW- no hurry on any response.  Enjoy several Woodfords and later works as I'm not under any time-line. - Woodford is being consumed, but at a reasonable rate, currently....

In advance, thanks- Any time. I have spent quite a bit of time at Meadow Creek admiring all of their lineup, including the TS offsets and BX vertical units.
    @lousubcap - My responses in-line.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @DMW, having been a recipient of one of your whole hogs cooked on the same cooker, can only say I wish I was there!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @DMW - many thanks for your insights.  Your observations and comments have always been dead-on and much appreciated.  Just more smoker information overload now.  Now back to our regularly scheduled Woodford programming.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Just finished roasting g and peeling my first ever batch of Anaheim peppers. Just put a prime strip from Costco on. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• lousubcap
    Options
    Dang @DMW -  you run in an entirely much more rarified atmosphere if you even have a sniff of the TS 250.  I wish you every success with the annual budget review and trying to get that one thru the finance committee (SWMBO). Sweet rig for sure.
    Well outside my league (even the TS 70) but somehow I have the feeling you will pull it off at some point.  Gotta be an intoxicating visit to their operation.  Thanks again.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Dang @DMW -  you run in an entirely much more rarified atmosphere if you even have a sniff of the TS 250.  I wish you every success with the annual budget review and trying to get that one thru the finance committee (SWMBO). Sweet rig for sure.
    Well outside my league (even the TS 70) but somehow I have the feeling you will pull it off at some point.  Gotta be an intoxicating visit to their operation.  Thanks again.
    Yeah, the TS250 is probably more than I really need to look at. A TS120 would probably be more than enough. My dream trailer would include a TS250, PR72 (could get by with a 60 if space was an issue), and a BBQ42.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker