Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Rubs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are these rubs really better then store bought brands? I read so many posts of people using them. Anyone use the Jamaican one or the Red River?

Comments

• randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Options
    mjk,[p]I use Raging River on my granola now and am trying to incorporate it into my toothpaste.[p]It's that good.[p]There are some good rubs at the supermarket but they all tend to have the same basic formula. DP has done a little experimenting and the results are worth going out of the way to buy. I think they have this internet thingy now and you can actually order them 'online'. Ain't technology great?[p]RE[p]
  • cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    The two you mentioned are among my favorites. I'm a huge jerk fan (or maybe just jerk depending on when you ask my wife), and really like the DP version. As good as any I've had. [p]The Raging River is great on everything.
  • CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    mjk,[p]I like the fact that their rubs are no more than 20% salt. That's just good sense when something tastes as good as these do.

• orion11
    orion11 Posts: 140
    Options
    mjk,
    I for one am very impressed with the taste, and the quality and freshness of the ingredients. You will not find better in your local store. IMHO

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    They don't come any better or any fresher than what the DP gang turns out. Once you try 'em, you'll be hooked.[p]Jim
  • Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    Options
    mjk,[p]Once you try them, you will never go back. Order them all in the sampler![p]
  • wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    cbs,
    Raging river on eggs overeasy in the morn, yumyum.

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    CT Grillguy,[p]With the exception of Raising the Steaks. I noted a few days ago that I found it too salty for me and BBQfan1 (Mike Kerslake, the Canadian branch of Dizzy Pig) conceded that RTS is 30% salt - the highest of any of their rubs.
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    mjk,
    Yep, they are very good! The freshness of the spices is very evident to me and the taste bears it out. While I personally do not like jerk type seasonings I do enjoy all the others, 'specially the Swamp Venom! Man, its good. So if you want to get some rubs, by all means, try Dizzy Pigs, you will not go wrong.
    later and HTH,
    ron.

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    Haggis,[p]Good to know! Thanks.
  • GHEgger
    GHEgger Posts: 37
    Options
    mjk,
    Try the Tsunami Spin on egged chicken! Fantastic.
    Don't forget the classic Dizzy Pig rub on just about anything - especially pork. As others have said, the Raging River is tasty on anything, with no heat. I use it a lot because of the youngsters eating with us.[p]The rubs are THAT GOOD. The mass-produced stuff in the stores doesn't come close IMO.