Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One Wok One Pic

Options
Thin sliced some sirloin and rough cut some onions, green peppers and mushrooms along with some tightly diced garlic and ginger.  Towards the end of the cook everything was coated in a Soy,Agave and Sherry sauce.  

Thanks for looking

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I'll take a plate please! I don't care if it's a square one or round one. Nice!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Ya man.  Just when I think your plate always looks the same. ;). Looks great brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Boom! You are the wok master. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • EggDan
    EggDan Posts: 174
    Options
    Have you ever considered creating a YouTube video of how you Wok?  It always looks incredible... I would love to see your step by step instructions.  
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    Options
    EggDan said:
    Have you ever considered creating a YouTube video of how you Wok?  It always looks incredible... I would love to see your step by step instructions.  

I second that. Just got a wok but don't have much experience. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'll take a plate please! I don't care if it's a square one or round one. Nice!
    Thanks man!!

bgebrent said:
    Ya man.  Just when I think your plate always looks the same. ;). Looks great brother!
    I swear I rotated the plate to break up the monotony 

EggDan said:
    BilZol said:
    EggDan said:

I second that. Just got a wok but don't have much experience. 
    Never really thought about it.  Not to say I won't but if you search my earlier post you will find they are quite detailed.  You can also search @village Idiot - @sciAggie - @jeffwit and @theyolksonyou for some of the wok gods.  

Jason I seriously laughed at the Marley video.  Thanks.  

analyze adapt overcome

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    My mind works in mysterious ways. You thread title lead straight to Marley. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Alright - that looks great. I picked up a traditional thin cast iron wok in San Francisco's china town this summer. I need to break it in with a stir fry. School is starting and I need to do some quick meals. 
    Nice work. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Let's get together and egg alright!
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Alright - that looks great. I picked up a traditional thin cast iron wok in San Francisco's china town this summer. I need to break it in with a stir fry. School is starting and I need to do some quick meals. 
    Nice work. 
    Very interested in your thoughts on the CI wok.  Waiting on reaction of CI vs CS.  

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options

bgebrent said:
    I think that would be fun as a get out!! Hope you didn't take my response as a smartarse cause that wasn't the intention.  

analyze adapt overcome

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Didn't you or someone here make a YouTube video, maybe last year?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options

bgebrent said:
    I think that would be fun as a get out!! Hope you didn't take my response as a smartarse cause that wasn't the intention.  
    Bob Marley take brother.  I'd never expect smartarse from you man!  Ever.
  • Mattman3969
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wasn't me.  I think maybe @tarheelmatt made a video of one of his stir fries.   And my apologies because I left him off the woksters list earlier.  

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options
    bgebrent said:

bgebrent said:
    Bob Marley take brother.  I'd never expect smartarse from you man!  Ever.
    It registers now.  Had a slow moment just then.  

analyze adapt overcome

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Yep, just found it

also found one by "blind grillin" 
    that is not me
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Wasn't me.  I think maybe @tarheelmatt made a video of one of his stir fries.   And my apologies because I let him off the woksters list earlier.  
    I'm hurt, really hurt. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Nice work. 
    Very interested in your thoughts on the CI wok.  Waiting on reaction of CI vs CS.  
    I'll be honest I'm curious to make a comparison myself. I'll definitely post. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Wasn't me.  I think maybe @tarheelmatt made a video of one of his stir fries.   And my apologies because I let him off the woksters list earlier.  
    I'm hurt, really hurt. 
    Apologize you vigilante!
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    I'm hurt, really hurt. 
    I feel horrible about the atrocity myself!!

analyze adapt overcome

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I'm hurt, really hurt. 
    I feel horrible about the atrocity myself!!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kEpLncBG_Nw
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Nice cook!!  I'll take some, thank you.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Luvnlife
    Luvnlife Posts: 219
    Options
    Looks great, gotta give that a try soon.