Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just grilled stuff, boring compared to the chefs on here.

Options
2»

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

blasting said:
    Perfect meal in my book Ron.  Simple quality is hard to beat.
    Thank you sir, with our schedule, simple equals elegant. I know many that fast food it during remodels, and while in most cases it makes sense, we (My Beautiful Wife and I) have maybe dined out 3 times, our children however, are a different story entirely. They eat here and then go out with friends. How do they stay so thin?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Great meal to share with your family.. Hopefully that spud got split open and smothered in butter and sour cream !!!! ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Great meal to share with your family.. Hopefully that spud got split open and smothered in butter and sour cream !!!! ;)
    It did. Thank you for the kind words my friend.
    Usually I chop some peppers, onions and mushrooms, in some soy sauce with added garlic juice, sautee in a CI until the onions are opaque and soft, and use that instead of butter and sour cream. I forgot to get the shiitake and peppers at the grocery store, yesterday, or they would have been in it instead. Still turned out pretty well.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • mikeinccfl
    mikeinccfl Posts: 119
    Options
    Nothing boring about a good, satisfying meal, especially when others can enjoy it too. Complex recipes feed our satisfaction as cooks and diners. Meals, served with love and smiles, feed our soul.
    L BGE, XL appetite
    Cape Coral, FL
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Nothing boring about a good, satisfying meal, especially when others can enjoy it too. Complex recipes feed our satisfaction as cooks and diners. Meals, served with love and smiles, feed our soul.
    Kind words and well said my friend. Zero complaints at the table for this meal, thanks to the BGEs. No leftovers either.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    You're cutting your self short buddy. You produce great food,  including this meal. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • AlexKeenan
    Options
    "Just grilled stuff, boring compared to the chefs on here"

I am now in my later 50's and have talked to many chiefs and pit masters.
    Most of the great ones will boil cooking down to making sure you first get all the simple stuff right each time.
    It is all about mastering the heat and mastering time.

Hell's Kitchen does Risotto to see consistency since they make it time and time again. They do  Beef Wellington because it is all about timing and temperature.

So master the boring stuff and you will go a long way to mastering time and temperature on the big green egg.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    I like the way you two, family and friends suffer at meal time! Looking forward to some of your boring grilled stuff! J, K & EJ too :) 

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options

très bien !

One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    You're cutting your self short buddy. You produce great food,  including this meal. 
    Matt, thank you for the kind words. It was fun.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    "Just grilled stuff, boring compared to the chefs on here"

I am now in my later 50's and have talked to many chiefs and pit masters.
    Most of the great ones will boil cooking down to making sure you first get all the simple stuff right each time.
    It is all about mastering the heat and mastering time.

Hell's Kitchen does Risotto to see consistency since they make it time and time again. They do  Beef Wellington because it is all about timing and temperature.

So master the boring stuff and you will go a long way to mastering time and temperature on the big green egg.
    I have done many things on the egg, and they are so much better than most everything I cook any other way. Not a master of yet by no means, but love what we cook and having fun doing it. Great times for me either way.
    Thank you for the kind words and wise insight.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I like the way you two, family and friends suffer at meal time! Looking forward to some of your boring grilled stuff! J, K & EJ too :) 
    Yeah with my BIL here, we are going to need our big boy pants, for sure. The boil will be very good, spicy and the sides will be delicious as well.  Looking forward to see you in a couple of weeks. Drive safe.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    tgs2401 said:

très bien !

Je vous remercie pour la gentillesse de vos propos.

I think? I hope I did not slaughter that too awfully bad. I tried to say "thank you for the kind words" I think I was close. It has been a while, sadly.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Okay, so you reeled me in with the "Boring" label and then slam the door with a great looking meal.  In my book simple and good always go to the head of the line.  And brother that meal fits the bill perfectly.  Nicely done sir.  With meals like that I wouldn't be in too big a hurry to have a kitchen back except for the convenience factor.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Sonny3 said:
    Okay, so you reeled me in with the "Boring" label and then slam the door with a great looking meal.  In my book simple and good always go to the head of the line.  And brother that meal fits the bill perfectly.  Nicely done sir.  With meals like that I wouldn't be in too big a hurry to have a kitchen back except for the convenience factor.
    That is funny. My Beautiful wife told me last night she feels sort of guilty wanting a new kitchen. She thinks all we will do with it now is boil water for the french press, and grind coffee beans. Other than a couple of pasta dishes, I don't know if we will really want to cook anything inside, ever.
    Did you hear that? that whoosh sound that just went by my head was all the money we are spending on this kitchen.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    @YukonRon, living in your world. I received my egg for birthday/Father's Day - 1 month after moving in to the house after the remodel (as you described, house built in 1948 and kitchen and bath turned into whole house electric, HVAC, 3 baths, plus the kitchen).  New stove has been used 4 times since the egg came - but it looks nice and my wife loves it so worth every $
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Appliances get delivered Sunday, countert tops Friday.trim out is going on now all cabinets are in.That is where we are at currently and the granite we will be getting.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Grilled is one of my very favorites!  I would have been tickled pink if that was my dinner!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Grilled is one of my very favorites!  I would have been tickled pink if that was my dinner!
    Thank you sir. I am getting better at this, having to cook just about every meal on the BGE lately.las night it was chicken breasts bacon and mac and cheese. Made sammies.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Sonny3 said:
    That is funny. My Beautiful wife told me last night she feels sort of guilty wanting a new kitchen. She thinks all we will do with it now is boil water for the french press, and grind coffee beans. Other than a couple of pasta dishes, I don't know if we will really want to cook anything inside, ever.
    Did you hear that? that whoosh sound that just went by my head was all the money we are spending on this kitchen.
    We can't take it with us Ron. You will enjoy your kitchen more than you know. If like mine, it will be the central gathering place for many a good time.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Sandbagging your cooking, legendary.  Kitchen is looking great and your food, as always, is fantastic.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Sonny3 said:
    We can't take it with us Ron. You will enjoy your kitchen more than you know. If like mine, it will be the central gathering place for many a good time.
    Had a wise man tell me as a kid "we can't take it with us, but try to stay here without it." I am sure it will be worth it and fun. It is the BGE Curse. Still won't have a lot of standing around room, but it will be much better than what it was by a mile.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Legume said:
    Sandbagging your cooking, legendary.  Kitchen is looking great and your food, as always, is fantastic.
    You have a very kind soul my friend and thank you, I keep forgetting to post, and with family, children, guests, (can you believe that? we have no kitchen, but we still host dinner parties, thanks to the farmers market hers and the BGE, and, of course My Beautiful Wife.) it gets a bit hectic. I will say my wine rack has taken a beating the last few months, but heck, it's worth it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky