Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cajun Injector Question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wanted to buy one this week but wasn't sure if there is any advantage in buying the 9" vs. the 6". Anyone have used either version?[p]Howard

Comments

• Dublin Dawg
    Options
    Howard,
    I have a 6" and it is plenty long enough. One suggestion - Don't buy the cheap plastic ones. I got a stanless steel one at Lowe's for $19.99. I went through several cheap ones, the needle always broke off.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    IMG_0832.jpg
    <p />Howard,
    When you say 6" or 9" I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I can tell you this big ol' honkin 6" needle from Cabella's is over 18" when fully loaded. I found that to be unwieldy and sent it back. It was very well made, but the needle end was extremely blunt which I thought would have torn or bruised the meat in the injecting process.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    RRP,
    I'm with you on this. I bought this one as well, and have gone back to the smalller plastic model. I find it too big and unwieldy.
    Bob

• Unknown
    Options
    Howard,
    That injector is for hams , bacon , ect. I have one from Morton and use it all the time to spray inject briskets, fresh hams, bacon, Canaidian bacon, turkeys.
    If your a hunter you will need the longer needle to inject the curing solution down the bone and deep into the meat.
    360 guy-gary