Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - RTIC 45

In a situation where I need to get one quickly. Does anyone know a way I can get one before the 10/15 ship date? 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
Peachtree Corners, GA

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Depending on your timing, I could lend you mine.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    eBay or craigslist
  • Drive to Houston?

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    @bgebrent thanks for the offer (a true testament to the generosity of those in this community) but it's for a gift. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    In a situation where I need to get one quickly. Does anyone know a way I can get one before the 10/15 ship date? 
    I know where you can get one, it'll cost you double though. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    @bgebrent thanks for the offer (a true testament to the generosity of those in this community) but it's for a gift. 
    Does it have to be RTIC 45?  It is a bit smaller, and a bit more expensive, but if time is a factor, I've been very happy with my Igloo Sportsman 40:
    https://www.igloocoolers.com/sportsman-40

It looked like there was a 15% coupon that popped up when I went to the link.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• mtasker
    mtasker Posts: 88
    order a pelican cooler thru walmart.  have it in 3 days.
  • JohnH12
    JohnH12 Posts: 213
    The Home Depot has the Pelican 65 for $299 on line. The 45's are a little less but it's the best price I've seen for a Pelican. Made in the USA and lifetime warranty.
    Yeti and RTIC are made "somewhere" and marketed in the USA. Neither has the lifetime warranty.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    bgebrent said:
    Can I borrow it for football season? Might need to drink heavy this season. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    bgebrent said:
    Like I won't be needing it this season as well?  I cheer on the Cats but also cheer for the Dawgs.  Your in state nemesis will make life tougher too.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited August 2016
    bgebrent said:
    bgebrent said:
    Like I won't be needing it this season as well?  I cheer on the Cats but also cheer for the Dawgs.  Your in state nemesis will make life tougher too.

(Full disclosure, I'm a Vandy fan. We have a tailgate spot and no tickets...sometimes you just gotta get used to losing for a few decades. I think this is going to be a rough year for most of the SEC)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN