Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Bug A Salt

Options

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Lit said:
    I have the old one and it works good but I want the 2.0 in camo.
    I have the 2.0 in camo
    only used once. want to buy it?
    zero issues I just never use it

offer is good to anyone interested
    Boom
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lit said:
    I have the old one and it works good but I want the 2.0 in camo.
    I have the 2.0 in camo
    only used once. want to buy it?
    zero issues I just never use it

offer is good to anyone interested
    Yes, how much @FanOfFanboys ?  The flies are horrific this time of year.  
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Mickey said:
    how far will they shoot. need to shoot my 16 to 20 deer that eat everything planted. neighbor uses paintballs
    just get a low velocity red rider bb gun, its probably enough to scare a deer and they are pretty inexpensive. and dont go shooting your eye out =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Yes I have 2.0 and love it.  Wife hates it and hides it from me.  And yes, kids like to sneak up on each other and shoot in the leg.  Fly kill zone is 2-3ft as reported previously.  Sadly it only pissed off the few wasps I shot at.  
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • n8er
    n8er Posts: 114
    Options
    I disabled the safety on mine for better rapid fire action. Works great for sitting on the deck while cooking and having a beverage. 
    1.jpg 1.6M
    Egging year 'round in North Dakota
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    @n8er... Is that legal  =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    n8er said:
    I disabled the safety on mine for better rapid fire action. Works great for sitting on the deck while cooking and having a beverage. 
    Nice mod! Lmao
    Speeds up follow up shots. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    n8er said:
    Thanks - going to do that today!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • n8er
    Options
    RRP said:
    n8er said:
    Its a game changer! :) 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2016
    Options
    n8er said:
    RRP said:
    n8er said:
    What is it, 1/2 #10 wood screw?  Or a bolt stuck in to fill the void?  Haven't looked at mine yet.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    Options
    Focker said:
    n8er said:
    RRP said:
    n8er said:
    What is it, 1/2 #10 wood screw?  Or a bolt stuck in to fill the void?  Haven't looked at mine yet.
    sheet metal screw might get a better grip
  • RRP
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Mod made and since I was leery of possible damage from drilling the hole too deep and ruining some internal part I put a stop on my drill bit to keep it shallow. Turns out after drilling the hole I ran a piece of wire in to check the depth. It is quite hollow there. First I screwed in a self tapping sheet metal screw with a large head. Believe it or not that large head was a real irritant when shooting with my left hand. So I switched out to a smooth round head. Rapid pumping and rapid firing by overriding the safety makes this salt gun a lot more fun! Thanks @n8er
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    RRP said:
    Mod made and since I was leery of possible damage from drilling the hole too deep and ruining some internal part I put a stop on my drill bit to keep it shallow. Turns out after drilling the hole I ran a piece of wire in to check the depth. It is quite hollow there. First I screwed in a self tapping sheet metal screw with a large head. Believe it or not that large head was a real irritant when shooting with my left hand. So I switched out to a smooth round head. Rapid pumping and rapid firing by overriding the safety makes this salt gun a lot more fun! Thanks @n8er
    Picture?
  • RRP
    edited August 2016
    Options
    feef706 said:
    RRP said:
    Picture?
    Sure, but the OP @n8er posted this suggestion. Just to prove I wasn't "woofin" then here's a picture of my safety override. Granted I suppose this isn't wise to override a safety, but it's your call!

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    RRP said:
    feef706 said:
    RRP said:
    Picture?
    Sure, but the OP @n8er posted this suggestion. Just to prove I wasn't "woofin" then here's a picture of my safety override. granted I suppose this isn't wise to override a safety, but it's your call!

So did you register that modification?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • feef706
    Options
    RRP said:
    feef706 said:
    RRP said:
    Picture?
    Sure, but the OP @n8er posted this suggestion. Just to prove I wasn't "woofin" then here's a picture of my safety override. Granted I suppose this isn't wise to override a safety, but it's your call!

I knew you followed @n8er for the mod just wanted to understand what kind of screw since you said the first attempt raised some concern.
  • RRP
    Options
    DMW said:
    RRP said:
    feef706 said:
    RRP said:
    Picture?
    Sure, but the OP @n8er posted this suggestion. Just to prove I wasn't "woofin" then here's a picture of my safety override. granted I suppose this isn't wise to override a safety, but it's your call!

So did you register that modification?
    HELL NO!!! I live in Illinois! Letting even crooks know that they MIGHT encounter even as much as a salt gun might get me thrown in prison next to the REAL crooks including our sleazy Illinois governors!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    superglue would be easier than a sheet metal screw
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • n8er
    Options
    I knew you followed @n8er for the mod just wanted to understand what kind of screw since you said the first attempt raised some concern.
    Good work @RRP

I just used a leftover short screw that I had laying around. As you mentioned, its pretty hollow in that area. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Mine's being delivered today!  Wilma says it's stupid, but that only makes me want it more!
    Flint, Michigan
  • feef706
    Options
    Mine's being delivered today!  Wilma says it's stupid, but that only makes me want it more!
    Did you choose rush shipping? Mine won't be here until Saturday according to FedEx 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Wilma will choose her words more carefully once you have your purchase in hand.

Phoenix 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Did you choose rush shipping? Mine won't be here until Saturday according to FedEx 
    I don't think I did.  It ships from Wisconsin and I'm a hop, skip and half a jump to Flint Michigan. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • feef706
    Options
    Gotcha, that makes sense. I was charged sales tax for some reason even though I live in FL, before it shipped I assumed they were based out of FL.
  • Meeeshigan22
    Options

Wife told me how stupid I was when I ordered it, then as soon as it was delivered she wanted to play with it. 

Ordered mine from Amazon on Friday, delivered on Sunday. Now there are no flies to be seen haha.
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • RRP
    Options
    Short of taking it apart I'm not sure superglue would hold it, unless you meant glueing a piece of plastic to block travel when it is cocked. Really though drilling a hole and inserting a screw was a quick fix.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    RRP said:
    Short of taking it apart I'm not sure superglue would hold it, unless you meant glueing a piece of plastic to block travel when it is cocked. Really though drilling a hole and inserting a screw was a quick fix.
    @RRP do you think that hot glue would work?

Options
    I just ordered one... Amazon one click.

paqman said:
    RRP said:
    @RRP do you think that hot glue would work?
    There are videos of both methods on YouTube.  Apparently both work.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    All we had in the house when I got mine was reduced sodium salt.  It was too powdery and lacked the larger granules of regular salt to make the "buckshot" lethal.  I picked up some regular salt this morning and plan on going hunting later.
    Flint, Michigan