Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dizzy Pig and Free Range BBQ Make Top 5 in Wildwood, NJ!

WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Out of 28 teams.... congratulations boys on a HOT! day![p]Overall
GC Philly Pigs
RC Dizzy Pig BBQ Co.
3rd Front St BBQ
4th Bob's BBQ (New Team)
5th Free Range BBQ[p]Chicken
1 Big Daddy
2 Front St. BBQ
3 Bob's BBQ
4 Free Range BBQ
5 Hoff Daddy's[p]Ribs
1 PA Posse
2 Philly Pigs
3 Bob's BBQ
4 Black Tie BBQ
5 Crispy Critters[p]Pork
1 Philly Pigs
2 Bob's BBQ
3 Dizzy Pig
4 Big Daddy's
5 Free Range BBQ[p]Brisket
1 Lost Nation Smoke Co.
2 Philly Pigs
3 Crispy Critters
4 Dizzy Pig
5 Ribs Within[p]

·

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
    WooDoggies,[p]Fantastic news indeed!
    ·
  • CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    WooDoggies,[p]Awesome news! I would have loved to go down there. I'm laying low dreading a doc appt tomorrow. Great job![p]Later,
    Cornfed

·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    WooDoggies,
    Those are the guys![p]Congratulations![p]Mike

·
  • BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    WooDoggies,
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
    Way to go to Free Range and our US Dizzy brothren!
    Qfan

·
  • WooDoggies,
    Congratulations to the Dizzy Pig team for such a great showing!

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
    ·
  • FowlMouthFowlMouth Posts: 14
    I still say the BGE gives dizzy pig an unfair advantage against those guys who have to use conventional methods. Until they wise up and level the playing field, I say GO DIZZY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ·
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    Great to hear, John!!! The DP train keeps rolling along. Imagine those Coors Light "Love Train" commercials and substitute Dizzy Pig rubs. Everyone gets "rubbed" as the DP Express flies by! LOL. Keep up the hard work, gang!![p]Jim
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,333
    Thanks Woo, and to the others as well for the nice comments. The eggs cooked really nice for us again this weekend. Taking our first "reserve" ever was a huge treat for us. It was quite a party in Wildwood as well![p]I am going to need yet another nap soon.
    Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • WooDoggies,
    Free Range had back to back sites with the Dizzypig crew, and the 3rd team with an Egg set up right beside us, so we were a cozy nest of Eggs there in Wildwood. That was our first time there and we will surely be back next year. [p]In addition to what was listed above we took 6th in ribs and 13th in brisket. If I ever learn to smoke a brisket properly (or if Max makes it to the next competition, since he is our brisket chef now) we will be dangerous. [p]Brett

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    WooDoggies,
    Great job, Chris!
    Jim

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,333
    Thanks Jim.
    Big congrats to the WImers as well. A nice top ten overall finish with over 40 teams....yooz guys got sumthin to be proud of!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • JSlotJSlot Posts: 1,218
    Great showing for you guys, too, Brett. Are you coming down to Shelby this year?[p]Jim
    ·
  • JSlot,
    Yep, I will be there with my daughter. Its a great contest, hope to see you there this year. [p]Brett

·