Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are meatloaf posts boring???

Options
I mean, it's meatloaf. But boy, is it good. And you've gotta be pretty challenged to mess it up.  380ish to 160°IT. 2:1 beef:lamb, onion (lazily diced), eggs, bread crumbs, s&p, and homemade BBQ sauce. I'm full. 
XLBGE- Napa, CA by way of ATX

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Meatloaf can be soooo good and cooked so many ways.  There is no way it is boring!!
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Looks awesome!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Of all of the things that I've cooked on the egg that surprised me - meatloaf is the winner. Most foods are neutral to enhanced by cooking on the egg; meatloaf is transformed from the ordinary into something truly special.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Heck no! Meatloaf on the egg is fantastic.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Very very nice... Meatloaf rocks!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Good stuff. Meatloaf on the egg is always a winner, no matter the recipe.

And I'll just toss this out there...  

Meatloaf is basically pate'. 

No shame in it. Every culture has a variation on the same thing. 

Try 150 next time. Leaves it a little more moist. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You asked above if meatloaf cooks are boring. I say not at all. 

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1169128/for-hapster-bacon-wrapped-meatloaf-stuffed-with-mashed-potatoes-cheese#latest

I guess that you could argue that this next one is not a true meatloaf, but it's certainly a loaf of meat and fantastic by any measure.  

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1190411/the-best-appetizer-that-you-will-ever-eat#latest

And that's some fine looking grub you posted above my brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• CountryBoy
    CountryBoy Posts: 102
    Options
    Heck no it ain't boring! Made some tonight with ground sirloin,ribeye, and chuck along with fresh ground pork sausage! Cooked to 155 IT and basted last minute with a homemade concoction or however ya spell it BBQ type sauce the wife makes! One oft he best I've made! Pecan for smoke and cooked at 375 dome. Wish I would have taken a pic
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    No!  Looking tasty!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    No. Delicious and fascinating? YES!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    Egged meatloaf is awesome, yours looks great!! I'm inspired to make some tomorrow. Its been a while. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • BrueggeDad
    BrueggeDad Posts: 112
    Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with it.  Looks good.
    XL BGE  - Virginia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Bat out of hell was a great album. I would not egg it though. All Meatloaf rocks!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    BORING?  It's one of my favorites. In fact, doing a couple right now. The sandwiches tomorrow will be even better! 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    "Meatloaf, again?!?!?*

*Rocky Horror fans will get this...   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month