Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking for 1000 flood victims

Options

Comments

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    That's awesome man. Great way to give to a community in need.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    I hope  I don't insult but is there an address where I can send a donation?

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    td66snrf said:
    I hope  I don't insult but is there an address where I can send a donation?

PM sent
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Send that donation address to me as well. If I can buy SRF Brisket then I can certainly send somethhing to help those in need.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Great stuff. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You're a machine , dude. A very generous machine. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Grim, just to echo what many have already said, great job brother. That is a kind and generous thing that you did. The world needs more folks like you in it my friend. For you efforts, your generosity, and for being a standup person, you more than earn the double SOP:

This is one time that I wish I had 10 SOP's. You would have got all 10 for this one.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TN_Sister_State
    Options
    We need more people like you in this world. Simply incredible. Keep up the good work! 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    PM sent
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    I can't add anything that hasn't already been expressed. Your efforts are nothing short of inspiring.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,945
    Options
    Very cool that you're doing this again today.  Also very cool that you have a smoker that can handle that volume.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Dang bro.   Very cool.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    You're just killing it Scott. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    That's awesome!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    Options
    Day 2 - what more can be said....  Matching WWJD fits about the best (sorry if not ok on the forum!)
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Here is a note Scott sent me:

"There are 136000 people who live in denham springs, 110000 are displaced from their homes due to the flood. Lots of cities around here are 75%+ out of their homes. It's really really bad. I saw many areas where the water line would have been over my head driving down the interstate."
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Holepuncher
    Options
    I vote we make Scott change his handle from, " thatgrimguy" to :thatGreatguy".
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You are a saint.  I'm sure those that were the recipients of your cooking are so grateful.  Well done!  I can't imagine how exhausted you must be.  
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
     Wow. Still blown away by this selfless act. And two days in a row took a lot of stamina(and $$$). Scott, I hope to meet you and shake your hand some day.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Scott, what an awesome thing to do to help so many! That sir, was a lot of work but you and your team really made it happen! I'd say you've achieved maximum potential of that beautiful rig!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Very fine act sir. Even with mass quantities you still got compliments also. Can't get much better than that.
  • chadpsualum
    Options
    Just read through all of this after this weekend...very cool in so many ways. Good to know that there are people like you and your team out there in this world.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • Smokin_Trout
    Options
    Putting this back on top for those that have missed it.