Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @YukonRon -  what happens in Montreal, stays in Montreal.  Given your love of France, you will do well there as French is clearly the predominant language.  Safe travels.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    All clear.  Some damage around town and some flooding. Hanrahan heard of any injuries or homes destroyed. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

Just picked up our new camper...

What? Does this replace the pool?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Bshults1
    Bshults1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Bout to go to town on some wings

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Sometime last night I put this on. Just took it off. 

For the freezer 
    How do you know when to pull the DFMT?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sometime last night I put this on. Just took it off. 

For the freezer 
    How do you know when to pull the DFMT?
    When it probes like iron ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @Jeremiah  Enjoy your new rig!
    Phoenix 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Got pizza in. Did the flour salt water yeast with Caputo OO this morning. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Just drained about 6" out of the pool, cleared drains, still need to clear a gutter and make a shallow trench to keep water from pooling next to the house.  Getting a break now, but they say it's going to be rough tonight.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    Congrats @Jeremiah !  That's a nice one!
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Stay safe @Legume!
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    @Lit
    That dough looks fantastic. I've given up on dough and bread after many failures and only a couple successes. The only thing consistent with my dough making is the flour I get all over the kitchen. My hat is off to you and your dough making abilities.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Stay safe @Legume!
    Thanks, we'll be fine, but 10" puts an awful lot of people out of their houses across town, lots of creeks that will flood, downtown, all over.  I hope the computer models are wrong.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Still fishing.  Trash fish, but still love the look of them.  Calm day went out 27 miles and it was like this all day.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Finally got around to pulling it. @lousubcap samples were taking. The smell drew the dog and wife to the kitchen. The wife grazed along side while I was pulling. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Still fishing.  Trash fish, but still love the look of them.  Calm day went out 27 miles and it was like this all day.  
    What is that?
  • Sea2Ski
    Options
    @Lit  Sea Robin. They feel along the bottom and eat all kinds of little minnows and other little fish, crabs and shrimp.    They are flounder bait stealers. We typically cut them up for bait if we catch them in the morning.  Sizes range from 6" to about 2.5 lbs (at least that I have seen). 
    Large and MiniMax

• Sea2Ski
    Options
    Got many shorts today. Here is one:

so...  Tuna from the dock neighbor for dinner plus some ripe Jersey tomatoes and cucumbers. Things could be worse.... 

Large and MiniMax

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit....the pizza looks awesome.....but your little lady there takes the cake!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Enjoy that new rig and especially the adventures that await.  
    Bring ot to the shrimp boil!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Answering PMs like mad :)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    edited August 2016
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon -  what happens in Montreal, stays in Montreal.  Given your love of France, you will do well there as French is clearly the predominant language.  Safe travels.  
    Just some meetings on developing applications of aerospace high density polymers application equipment. I can do this stuff in my sleep. I will be home to celebrate, no problems. Inspections only, couple of tests and meetings...piece of strüdel.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sea2Ski
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Legume said:
    Just drained about 6" out of the pool, cleared drains, still need to clear a gutter and make a shallow trench to keep water from pooling next to the house.  Getting a break now, but they say it's going to be rough tonight.

@Legume  I simply cannot comprehend that amount of rain in one night.  Hope you guys are okay and safe.
    Large and MiniMax

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @YukonRon -  I will see you one polymer and raise you one "in search of a backyard stick burner" for a new adventure and learning experience. Truth be told the BGE cooks are great but becoming too routine (I could expand the menu for sure...).  I enjoy the cook way more than the eats (SRF briskets excepted) so I am looking for a new challenge.  Right now, I'm in the stick burner knowledge acquisition phase.  I know it will happen at some point.  
    See ya in Sept-could be epic.
    Safe travels-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Brazil's soccer gold, epic.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon -  I will see you one polymer and raise you one "in search of a backyard stick burner" for a new adventure and learning experience. Truth be told the BGE cooks are great but becoming too routine (I could expand the menu for sure...).  I enjoy the cook way more than the eats (SRF briskets excepted) so I am looking for a new challenge.  Right now, I'm in the stick burner knowledge acquisition phase.  I know it will happen at some point.  
    See ya in Sept-could be epic.
    Safe travels-
    I get the new horizons, and think it would be destiny to someone such as yourself. You have been places others may only read about.
    Me, charcoal and gassers have been my past, the BGE  has been nirvana for me. I am still learning and I have been very thankful to you for helping me understand and reach the degree of success I have had thus far.
    Stick burners, I get it. I am a long way away from that point, but would love to learn. 
    Don't know your plans (build or used), but as a betting man, my money is on you, not the equipment.
    Here is the thing, and it is what I think this all boils down to; the challenge. 'Cap, I know there is nothing you will not master in life. ZERO.
    This is why My Beautiful Wife and I are peak baggers. There are many peaks for us to try.
    We love the adventure and travel. We plan to maximize our visit with other events. Gaining ground on the BGE is very important to me, and I doubt perfection, in the manner which I want, will ever be acheived. That is why I keep trying.
    I have no doubt, in less than 30 days you will master a stick burner.
    Then what? 
    For those like us which have traveled the world, and risked our lives, it is so different.
    Most will never know. You will. You do.
    BTW, You will have celebrity status at the Soiree. I have told others about you. They want to meet you, and thank you, for a job well done. Many will be there to learn of the Egg. I think, my friends in the Debauchery League, are amongst the best the BGE has to offer. I so look forward to the upcoming event. 
    My Beautiful Wife and I have spoken highly of you guys, my dearest friends.
    I am hoping you will enjoy.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Decided to cook some pork butts.  Warming up the XL right now.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Just finished eating dinner with my lady friend at southern steak and oyster house in Nashville 
    i had the 21 day dry aged strip... (Medium rare)
    surprisingly tender for a piece of meat that size
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Watching stranger things 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf