Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking for 1000 flood victims

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Just another example of the fine folks we have in the brotherhood. 
    Thank you Scott for stepping up. Unbelievable situation down there. Estimated 6.9 Trillion gallons of water fell during that event. Amazing as bad as this is now, it was not worse.
    Thank all those that responded by rescuing so many. Those people saved many lives, and brother Scott is supporting the effort. Great Americans.
    Very cool dude.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729

All but two butts are pulled and sent out. Refilled with chicken. 

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Incredible effort Scott!  Incredible.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Definitely an inspirational thread.  You know you have, and continue to make a huge difference.  Way to really step-up and deliver.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    @northGAcock Give this man two Murrays! 
    Will do......have to get to my laptop.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Time for a well deserved cold beverage of choice
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Nice man. Does the city supply the food and you cook or are you supplying everything !? Sorry if you said and I missed it. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
     Wow! That is something truly wonderful. You are inspiring me to find ways to make greater contributions to society than I currently do. My efforts pale in comparison.

(LOVE the rig!)

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • Thatgrimguy
    Nice man. Does the city supply the food and you cook or are you supplying everything !? Sorry if you said and I missed it. 
    Myself and random donors provided every thing to make this happen.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Fantastic Scott, just outstanding.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Kudos!  Gamecock nation sent 2 truckloads of goods down earlier this week.  LSU was so generous with the Columbia, SC floods last October.  SEC sticks together.  I was glad to organize, my wife purchased the items, and I delivered to the truck.  Pales in comparison to your work.  Karma will treat you nicely.  Good post!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • da87
    da87 Posts: 640
    You sir are a prince among men!  I contributed to operation BBQ relief last week and would happily contribute to support your efforts - let me know!
    Doug
    Wayne, PA
    LBGE, Weber Kettle (gifted to my sister), Weber Gasser

"Two things are infinite:  the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"   Albert Einstein
  • Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    My post 24 hour cook selfie.

Looks like you are good for at least another 24 hours!! Thanks for all the hard work and time!!!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    I know it's already been said but....

You are an awesome dude! Bravo!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Codfish
    Codfish Posts: 42
    Sir I offer my congratulations, well done.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Just an amazing gesture of good will...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Good deal Scott! I feel sure that is some of the best food those people has ever tasted...as it was quoted at Butt Blast...you are a cooking fool!! Thank you for looking after your neighbors
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Congrats, hope you get a chance to unwind before round two tomorrow. Once again, kudos to you...an amazing thing you did today. Let me/us know if you need donations to help offset this cook for the folks in LA
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Well deserved nap!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited August 2016
    Can anyone get me a small stack of smoking wood in Baton Rouge tonight or in the morning? Long shot I know but I'm worried I'll run out of  wood before I run out of food. I need about 20 sticks. Not picky on type 
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Bump.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Can anyone get me a small stack of smoking wood in Baton Rouge tonight or in the morning? Long shot I know but I'm worried I'll run out of  wood before I run out of food. I need about 20 sticks. Not picky on type 
    For anyone in the area- Even if you don't have the freshy-fresh, Academy probably has the kiln dried stuff. Certainly not ideal but it would work if blended with Scott's remaining stash. Even lump (any lump) would work to keep the temps up and Scott could add logs as needed
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Got the wood!! a friend found some at lowes. Probably kiln dried but good enough to keep the cooker going like @The Cen-Tex Smoker mentioned
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Bad thing : flood. GREAT THING: Scott.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky