Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No....not another recipe!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy yall.
Hope everyone is having a great and relaxing holiday season. Did some babybacks yesterday with a rub I have been working on, and I can still taste them this morning (in a good way!). I know we are all buried with recipes to try, but I'll post it anyway. Kind of a cross between styles, and I have no idea what to call it. [p]My New Rib Rub
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
2T Paprika
2T Onion Powder
1T Cracked (or powdered) Ginger
1T Corriander seeds
1T Brown Mustard Seeds
1T Curry Powder
1T Black Peppercorns
1T Green Peppercorns
1t Celery Salt
1t Rubbed Sage
1t Chipotle Powder (or Houndog's green chile magic) [p]Made a sauce with peanut oil/sauteed green onions, ketchup, rice vinegar, hoisin and
some rub, and brushed on to finish. Yummmmmmmy! [p]Happy New Year.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I would assume you need to grind up all those seeds and peppercorns. Never seen mustard seed before. [p]Hope you enjoyed the big non-snow event we had. I was looking forward to digging my way to Humpty again. Darn. [p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tim M,
    yep. Grind everything in a food processor or spice mill. Mustard seed adds a nice bite to rubs (and pastes like Cat's). Yeah, I woke up and saw stars outside at the same time they said we would be getting the heaviest snow. So much for weather forecasting!
    Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I'm snowed in here in NJ. Have about a foot of snow so far with no signs of the storm slowing down. Let's see...can't leave the house...plenty of Egg-able food...some beer...and playoff football... Damn, I hate the snow :)[p]Cornfed