Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

17.63 lbs bags of Royal Oak

Options
First I've seen them in my area, I know many people aren't fans of Walmart but we are pretty limited here in Florida on selection, found this to be a great deal so picked up 3 bags, will go back for more if I have room to store. I'm used to paying $6 for 8.8 lbs.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I've been very happy with my latest bags of RO....I'm done with fire craft, I see no difference in lumps personally at this point if I use RO or what they offer.
    Seattle, WA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    You should stock up for the year they only offer that price once or twice a year
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Lit said:
    You should stock up for the year they only offer that price once or twice a year
    Good to know, I'll send my wife back tomorrow for more, hell with where I might store it.
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options

What part of FL?

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Lit said:
    Good to know, I'll send my wife back tomorrow for more, hell with where I might store it.
    It's normally just under $13 a bag here for those. They have a spring sale every year where they were in the high $8 range but anything under $10 is a good sale.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Thats a great deal. RO is a very good value lump. Nothing close to it is in its price range on that deal. The RW and Wicked Goods are great and probably "better" but in my opinion not worth double the price.
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    That would be 8 kilograms. Probably helps with international sales.
  • feef706
    Options
    Lit said:
    feef706 said:
    Lit said:
    It's normally just under $13 a bag here for those. They have a spring sale every year where they were in the high $8 range but anything under $10 is a good sale.
    First I've seen it for sale in my hood so I'm definitely going to stock up since it's a better deal than I realized 
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    Those are all my Walmart has been carrying for a while and the price hasn't risen that I noticed. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    feef706 said:
    Lit said:

My daughter's bed is quite high - I've got 14 bags under it that she hasn't noticed yet.  You just have to get a little creative.

Phoenix 
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    When I find it like that, I buy a bunch of it.  =)

Dave - Austin, TX
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @blasting: Wonder if this is where the expression "a bed of coals" came from.  :)
  • SkinnyV
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • feef706
    Options
    blasting said:
    feef706 said:
    Lit said:

My daughter's bed is quite high - I've got 14 bags under it that she hasn't noticed yet.  You just have to get a little creative.

Great idea! My daughters bed is a loft bed, while I could store a few pallets under it, she would surely notice.

Sent the wife to get 4 more bags this morning.

Any concerns with storing in a shed in Florida? Even though it's humid here the metal shed is like an oven so I'm thinking it will be ok, I keep the windows open for ventilation and the humidity never seems to build up.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    That is a great deal!  Was in HD today for my first time since they switched to the lighter 15.4 lbs. bags.   I bought a couple...but, man they felt light!  :angry:

LBGE/Maryland
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I'm in FL and keep mine in the garage.  Shed should be fine.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • feef706
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    That is a great deal!  Was in HD today for my first time since they switched to the lighter 15.4 lbs. bags.   I bought a couple...but, man they felt light!  :angry:

Odd they would sell different bags so close in size, can't help keeping prices low with all those different production lines
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I added 3 more of those to my stash last night.  Now I have 11 bags (some 15, some 17) and not sure it will carry through until next Spring.

I don't understand when I hear "just finished my first bag after a month, going to buy another"...  I buy LOTS so I really don't worry about $$/per cook. 
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Just picked up a cart worth :). Good deal, bigger bag under $10
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    feef706 said:
    blasting said:
    feef706 said:
    Lit said:

Great idea! My daughters bed is a loft bed, while I could store a few pallets under it, she would surely notice.

Sent the wife to get 4 more bags this morning.

Any concerns with storing in a shed in Florida? Even though it's humid here the metal shed is like an oven so I'm thinking it will be ok, I keep the windows open for ventilation and the humidity never seems to build up.
    As long as the shed is dry, no.
    I keep a large inventory of mostly RO and K in mine.  No issues.  I have a few bags of Rancher briquettes that are probably ten years old.  They burn just fine now as they did then.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Grabbed 3. Thanks. 
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    I say let them buy RTIC and Rockwood.... Let them . I'll save $10 per a bag and have nicer stuff.

;)
    Seattle, WA
  • feef706
    Options

Im up to 7, that should last me a while!
  • feef706
    Options
    SkinnyV said:
    I say let them buy RTIC and Rockwood.... Let them . I'll save $10 per a bag and have nicer stuff.

;)
    Rtic or yeti? I think Rockwood is more along the line of Yeti in comparison.