Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday night ribs and a new beer w/pics

Options
Doing some St. Louis spares on the small with 3 Little Pigs rub that I got from @Tspud1 during the exchange this year. BTW Tspud1 I have found that I really like the Country Bob's mixed with a little Frank's Red Hot hot sauce. Thanks for that. Anyway, there is a new brewery in town. It is actually the only brewery in town. Our whole county has been dry dry since Prohibition until just a few years ago when the city went wet. The county is still dry. Anyway again, I went by the new brewery (Goat Island Brewery) to get my new RTIC growler filled up. The name of the brewery comes from an island on Lewis Smith Lake which is supposed to be one of the best bass fishing lakes in the South East that is here in our county. Anyway for the third time, they have a new IPA coming out that will be released next Friday and when I asked about it they went straight to the huge stainless tanks and poured me a glass to try at no charge. I thought that was cool to be one of the first to try it. And it was great! They are having a release party next Friday night and I plan to be in attendance. Here's some pics of the ribs and one of my little guy playing a huge as version of Jenga at the brewery.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Ribs sauced with 3 Little Pigs also from Tspud1. And some green beans with homemade bacon chunks.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    That looks great. And that small is earning its keep.  :)
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Thanks @yljkt out of the three the small gets used the most these days.

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Thanks @yljkt out of the three the small gets used the most these days.
    I'm smitten with my medium. Daughter / SIL got a large. I have a Max and medium and the medium is the work horse. Thinking of a large, but maybe a Mini to experiment with. 
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @yljkt I have a mini but it rarely gets used. I love the little guy but it doesn't get used a whole lot. 

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Doing some St. Louis spares on the small with 3 Little Pigs rub that I got from @Tspud1 during the exchange this year. BTW Tspud1 I have found that I really like the Country Bob's mixed with a little Frank's Red Hot hot sauce. Thanks for that. Anyway, there is a new brewery in town. It is actually the only brewery in town. Our whole county has been dry dry since Prohibition until just a few years ago when the city went wet. The county is still dry. Anyway again, I went by the new brewery (Goat Island Brewery) to get my new RTIC growler filled up. The name of the brewery comes from an island on Lewis Smith Lake which is supposed to be one of the best bass fishing lakes in the South East that is here in our county. Anyway for the third time, they have a new IPA coming out that will be released next Friday and when I asked about it they went straight to the huge stainless tanks and poured me a glass to try at no charge. I thought that was cool to be one of the first to try it. And it was great! They are having a release party next Friday night and I plan to be in attendance. Here's some pics of the ribs and one of my little guy playing a huge as version of Jenga at the brewery.

Let me know if you want anymore of the Country Bob's. It's a local Midwest thing. I think you can get the 3 Little Pigs rubs on line, they have a few other mixes as well. Very well known competition team "43 national barbeque championships, and over 600 individual awards including the Jack Daniel’s World Championship BBQ Sauce Championship, and the Grand Daddy of the all the American Royal in Kansas City Grand Championship 8 times."
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Thanks @Tspud1 my 10 year old son loves the Country Bob's. I used the 3 Little Pigs rub on a butt last night and we tried the Rufus Teagues sauce that you sent. It was great too. Thanks again.

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Uhm...dude...where's the pic of the beer ?

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    looks like a great time and fantastic food!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    vb4677 said:
    Uhm...dude...where's the pic of the beer ?

In this thing I think.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker