Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- EDC Pocket Knife

Options
Mine changed today.  I have to be mindful of the office environment I work in so a big blade is out of the question.  I now carry the Leatherman Juice S2.  Here's it's first job.  Flawless performance!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Isn't that the beer that tastes like Fruit Loops?
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Yeah.  Sadly it tastes like the yellow ones.  I prefer the green ones for the same reason I prefer green M&Ms.
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I carry a small case xx butterbean like this one

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    Options
    Fred, I'd love to see a pic of that leatherman all opened up.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I'm just not one for a heavy EDC so my black Kershaw Speedsafe is right for me.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    I carry one or the other depending on the day. Benchmade is the way to go.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Yeah.  Sadly it tastes like the yellow ones.  I prefer the green ones for the same reason I prefer green M&Ms.
    I hate to inform you of this but all Fruit Loops taste the same. 

http://time.com/1477/breaking-breakfast-news-froot-loops-are-all-the-same-flavor/
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Speaking of EDC - well my compact Leatherman Incra is always on my key chain.

and when open for business it has 10 handy features!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Thanks Fred. I need something like that to carry at work. I bought a Gerber about that size and I hate it. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Mine right now it a Rat Worx chain drive. Groomsman Gift from my brother in law (little did he know I would have given him my sister for free!)

I quit carrying expensive knives after having two stolen/lost and started carrying Gerbers without assists. Also I wouldn't lose sleep over having to throw them in the amnesty box if I forgot to put it in my checked bag in the TSA line. 

But this one is so light, durable, and keeps the front edge so well I just decided I would roll the dice on carrying an expensive one again. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

leemschu said:
    I carry one or the other depending on the day. Benchmade is the way to go.
    I have had a few of these, all great. I had an AFO but it was too heavy for EDC so I sold it and got a Bedlam. But people kept $h!tt!ing their pants when I would pull it out to cut open a box or whatever so it sits in the safe. 

Ive been on the fence about one of those smaller Infidels. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I carry a benchmade.  Haven't lost it in 10 years, amazingly.

The one next to it is a new William Henry, that I've never carried.  I'm putting it on ebay when time allows, so if anyone here wants it first, let me know.  I always thought it was too nice to get knocked around in my pocket.

Phoenix 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My BIL gave me a Benchmade.  I dislike the combination straight & serrated  blade.  I never really carry it.

Flint, Michigan
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    edited August 2016
    Options
    RRP said:

When I took care of buildings I carried that exact tool, used it everyday.  Now that I get on a plane 4-8 times a month I'm sharp instrument free.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My BIL gave me a Benchmade.  I dislike the combination straight & serrated  blade.  I never really carry it.

I like that knife ^^.  

I also have the same BRG thermopen.  Without question it's the fastest - it has racing in the name.

Phoenix 
  • oldgeezeystax
    Options
    I carry this little victorinox. I used to carry leek but lost it, this is more practical.
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

When I do, I go simple and classic - Opinel No 9

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Captain_Paul
    Options
    I carry this little victorinox. I used to carry leek but lost it, this is more practical.s
    I believe that's a Soldier, right? I carried one of those for years. 
    LBGE, Minimax
    Owensboro, Kentucky
    Go Cats!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    DoubleEgger said:in
    I hate to inform you of this but all Fruit Loops taste the same. 

http://time.com/1477/breaking-breakfast-news-froot-loops-are-all-the-same-flavor/
    I've read that somewhere.  I was trying to be witty.  On a similar note, a green M&M tastes the same as a yellow.  It's the green dye that gives the green M&M it's magical properties.  I hypothesize the same holds true for green Fruit Loops.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Here's a shot of my outgoing EDC.  It's a Swiss Army of some sort.  No bottle opener so I punished it.

Flint, Michigan
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    I prefer mine with a bit more meat.  I like leatherman from a utility standpoint, but I do not like how they feel in the hand.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lots of good knives posted.  Still have a case 3 blade I shoplifted at the mall as a young'un, was 30 bucks back then.  Love Case, SA too.  My son got the Tinker from Santa.

For my EDC, usually switch off between the Damascus Skyline and S30V Blur, and a couple of Leeks.  The Blur rides high, have almost lost it a couple of times.  The thumb studs are sweet, and it opens crazy fast with little effort.  I need to get a custom clip from Pops to fix my issue.  The Leeks are crazy fast razors, but the tip is thin.  The Skyline is almost perfect.  Easy to sharpen, lightweight, fast.  The Damascus is purty, and ridiculously sharp, but you have to keep it dry.  A S30V Skyline would be perfect for me.

Benchmade, ZT are all really nice.  But I'm in the best bang for your buck camp, loyal to the HOFers.  And it wouldn't be devastating if I F'd it up, or lost it.  It's nice to switch things up, like my shoe, boot collection. Lol

As for the multi-tools I have always been disappointed.  Cheap steel, pliers, lots of worthless gadgetry.

Have longed for a Cabela's Woodlands Camo Charge TTi.  So many nice features.  From camp, to bow, to guns, and misc.....I would actually contemplate stepping up in $$$ for this as opposed to a ZT or BM.  Only drawback would be weight.  A lot to cough up at $180, but worth it IMO.

Hope the Juice fits the bill Fred.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• oldgeezeystax
    Options
    I carry this little victorinox. I used to carry leek but lost it, this is more practical.s
    I believe that's a Soldier, right? I carried one of those for years. 
    Aye.  The price is right, the blade is pretty sharp, and it does most everything I need.  
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    This is a free one from my FIL.  It used to say John Deere on it, but it has rubbed off.  I'm sure it's some cheap'o made in China he got for free from a rep.  It's served me well though.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Love my Benchmade but it needs a good sharpening.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    RRP said:

I have own buy mine is called the micra
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Thanks Fred. I need something like that to carry at work. I bought a Gerber about that size and I hate it. 
    check out the new gerber dime

it is highly reviewed and the highest reviewed small multi tool
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I carry a Sebenza, small 21
    Had about 3 years now

Boom
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,750
    Options
    this is my weekend knife lately, alot of time on the boat lately. this ones not mine, camillus made these for buck back in the 80's, mines camillus

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it