Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stop it

Options
jlsm
jlsm Posts: 1,011
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
 This is not a forum for politics or misogyny. Please stop. We come from all parts of the country, from all races, from both genders. This **** is offensive to me. We all have eggs. We like to cook. Stop insulting me as a woman and as a voter who doesn't support your view. I cook. I have something to offer. Just stop.
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Nicely said @jlsm!
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Zeke21
    Zeke21 Posts: 20
    Options
    I agree. You wonder what happened to the other forum and its things like this that creates a disconnect. Keep politics on cnn, pretty simple.
  • jakebge
    jakebge Posts: 79
    Options
    Then don't read it.  
  • Zeke21
    Zeke21 Posts: 20
    Options

Well I used to like posts from other users that got sick of this stuff and I miss their posts, pictures because of opinions not related to things besides cooking. All is good. Carry on.

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited August 2016
    Options

We all have our opinions and feelings. Some of the posts here are offensive to me also. When I read where they are going and find them offensive or completely stupid I ignore them. Controversial topics and jesturing happen on all public forums. I hope you have not been personally attacked and insulted. Just roll with it and "let it go". 

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I'm just gonna put this right here. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• BBQbutler
    Options
    LBGE , 22.5 & 18 WSM, 26.25 Kettle, Jennair Gasser, & a plethora of mobile Webers 
    Avid Cubs - Jaguars - Seminole fan. 
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Yo. @SGH. If posting pictures of past cooks is enough to make up for being an overbearing drunken assh*le let me know and I'll give it a shot.  Maybe i would be more popular around here ;)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Yo. @SGH. If posting pictures of past cooks is enough to make up for being an overbearing drunken assh*le let me know and I'll give it a shot.  Maybe i would be more popular around here ;)
    I will sure let you know if it works or not ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Rockwood
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,045
    Options
    I missed the 2nd offensive thead.  Is there one besides @nolaegghead 's lump thread?

Btw, to the OP, a few threads get crazy.  It keeps the majority of the assholery in one spot.  Its better that way.

Also, most trashing each other know each other IRL.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac pay attention, man!
    Options
    i thought this  forum was a "safe place" where i could post and not be judged.  where i can read and not get offended.  i dont like this america.
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It's official, the Buffalo has struck and the OP can feel safe perusing the forums again. 

Although the OP does have a point. Usually the crazier threads are easy to identify, however when someone clicks on a thread called Lump Choice or how to light the egg and gets a face full of our finest weekend shenanigans I can understand some folks getting a bit upset

(it sure did keep the buffalo at bay though)
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL.. Well said Blake.. 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Is there some legal requirement that everybody HAS to read EVERY thread?

Ain't nobody got time for that!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks like I missed a good weekend.  Maybe I should go back to reading every comment in every thread all day er day.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    I came here looking for a good recipe today and this is the first thing I click on. I knew I should have logged on this weekend, missed all the fun! I love this forum
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • SGH
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    SGH, among the other tasty items, that is some of the nicest looking fried shrimp I've ever seen.
    Thank you brother. I really appreciate the kind words. I do my shrimp different than most folks. If you are interested in the method, let me know and I will PM it to you ole buddy.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    The ole buffalo has struck. And to think.  

Status- Standing by.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    And most participants and contributors, on this thread, are telling th OP what she should and shouldn't post or say.

Somewhat odd.

Nolaeghead pegged it earlier, exactly as it is, This place is becoming similar to "The Lord of the Flies."

Personally, I looked upon both threads as humor, nothing more. I found it to be a wonderful break and a bit of fun. I love these guys, they make me think and they really make me laugh.

To the OP, if you were offended, my apologies. No remarks by me and others were there to cause you harm. This is the best forum I have ever known with great folks everywhere, that would do anything for anyone. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    I'm just here for the clown show.  I didn't need an account to google recipes.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    Definitely fun while it lasted.  I'm glad the buffalo laid low thru the weekend.  I suspect a reincarnation will occur soon enough.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,347
    Options
    BTW -this thread is now sinking.  Came up short of buffalo quality, I guess.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.