Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rain...who cares!

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

On my way home Thursday evening I saw that there was a BIG storm coming in from the East and I knew Kathy planned on me cooking some chicken breasts...Well, she was thinking of me and pulled the small Egg over to the back door...that way I can almost stand inside to cook...

Of course six breasties pretty much filled the grid...

It RAINED during most of the cook, but I stayed dry and we ended up with a nice dinner and some left for lunches.

Luckily no rain tonight so did a couple nice size tilapia fillets on a bed of lime slices with a light sprinkle of Dizzy Pig IPA...just put them on...then squeezed a lime over them just before taking off...

Didn't take the time to get a completed picture, but they were TASTY...added some brown rice and a salad for a nice dinner!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Good girl there brother!  Smokeware cap fan here for back door egging in the rain.  Good looking grub.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning bgebrent:

Smokeware cap is great for the Egg, but it won't keep the Egghead dry =)

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Morning, Jay! Good to see you around these parts.  I guess Kathy's a keeper. =)

Hey, guess what I found in CT! King's Hawaiian Rolls!! I've seem 'em at Mom's in VA, but never here before. Time for some SHRIMPBURGERS!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Michael:

She is definitely a keeper!  Now you don't have any more excuses for not making the shrimpburgers!!!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Rain...now THAT is something I wish we were getting...
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Biggest limes I have ever seen ....
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning dougcrann:

Wish we could send you some...I think today is the first day this week without at least one shower.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Hub:

The limes weren't that big...that is a small Egg!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL