Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best place to buy Eggcessories/aftermarket products in San Jose, CA?

Options
I am making a trip next month and would like to pick up some items while there. Would love if the dealer featured a lot of non-BGE accessories, such as Smokeware or CGS.

@paqman: No promises, but if I come across an RTIC, I'd be happy to pick one up for you if you're still wanting one.

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I wasn't an Egghead when I lived in Los Gatos, but I think this might be the place to go:  http://www.eggsbythebay.com/
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Eggs by the Bay is the only store that I know of, and he's active here as well.

@EggsbytheBay
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    order direct from cgs, very fast deliveries
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thanks all. I would consider CGS directly, if it wasn't for me living in Canada (i.e., exchange plus obscene shipping!). Will check out Eggsbythebay if possible. Looks to be only 12 mins from my hotel.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations

SWMBO just found this for 10$US (~14$CDN) at Walmart in Syracuse NY.  This was the last one but we'll possibly try other locations because I want another one and I'd like a few 20oz too (they did not have 20oz).  SWMBO got herself another brand for about the same price but I don't like the lid.  If we find more, would you like one?  Apparently, they are as good as the Yeti/RTIC.

Options

Thanks all. I would consider CGS directly, if it wasn't for me living in Canada (i.e., exchange plus obscene shipping!). Will check out Eggsbythebay if possible. Looks to be only 12 mins from my hotel.
    I suggest that you have a look at myusaddress.ca .  

You can sign up for a free account and just pay 6$CDN per box when you pick them up.  They keep packages for you up to a year.  You receive an email when a package arrives.  It is an hour drive from Gatineau.  However, you may have to pay duty/tax when you cross the border.  If you stay 48+ hours, I think that the exemption is 800$CDN per person.

Options
    Last chance, let me know ASAP

@paqman: Sorry, I'm slow as molasses. Very nice offer, but I'll stick with my 30oz RTICs for the time being. I've also heard good things about the Ozark Trail stuff. Cheap and every bit as functional as its four letter counterparts. I feel like your pics are a game of spot the Caesar.