Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pepper Bock Beef

Options
Gunnar
Gunnar Posts: 2,307

Following bg_easy's post on Pepper Stoudt Beef....followed his same game plan but Shiner Bock.

Avg 260 or so till internal of 165 (3 hrs) - foiled with veggies and 350 for additional 3 hrs

shredded and back in the BGE for another 45 minutes and Jimmy John's bread

No doubt we'll see more of this cook during football season and it can be tweaked to you're liking......

LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Looks killer good!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • bg_easy
    bg_easy Posts: 41
    Options

Awesome!!  Definitely a crowd pleaser.  I am a big fan of Shiner Bock, might try your variation next time. 

I followed this website http//www.gobluebbq.com/2013/05/coming-soon-pepper-stout-beef.html (even down to the pics) but have seen another that I'm interested in for taco purposes http://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/10881-pepper-stout-beef-aka-pulled-beef/  Found both through BGE searches.  This website is awesome!

The process is pretty simple and leftovers (if you have any) lend themselves to a bunch of options.  The little that we have left will become Shepherd’s pie at some point.

Large BGE, Bull Lonestar and Bull Burner, growing fleet of accessories

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Yes sir !!!! I like it!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    One of my favorites.  That sammich looks insanely good.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Gunnar
    Options
    When we were shredding the beef the wife sucked a spoonful of liquid and thought it to be hot....used 2 large jalapenos, removed most of the seeds and some membrane. I also used a red and orange bell pepper...the final product I thought was a little sweet the wife liked and not hot at all. Oh and a little horseradish in the mayo...definitely will be playing with this one...
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 711
    Options
    That's def some football food there!!
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Killer.  That's a slam dunk sandwich
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Amlucy2
    Amlucy2 Posts: 20
    Options
    Sorry if this should be obvious, but what is the cut of beef?  Thanks!
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Looks great, did you ever do the guiness stout version? Just curious because I'd like to know if the shiner made a big difference in the flavor.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Oh my that looks good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bg_easy
    bg_easy Posts: 41
    Options
    Amlucy2 said:
    Sorry if this should be obvious, but what is the cut of beef?  Thanks!
    Chuck roast is what I use. 

Large BGE, Bull Lonestar and Bull Burner, growing fleet of accessories

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options
    That looks great.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I noticed you mentioned you got the bread from Jimmy Johns.  Is that the day old bread?  How is it? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,649
    Options
    Damn it man! Been awhile since I've made this. Yours looks great!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Mmmm that last picture 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Gunnar
    Options

Chuck roast it was....

Jimmy Johns day old bread for 50 cents....sometimes a touch dry but good flavor...used them on Cuban Sandwiches and they were fine

I haven't tried the stout.....really feel the bell peppers especially the red and orange made this sweeter than I like...the wife was good with it.....will try again and want to head towards a little more "au jus"