Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Rolling pear smoke for some wangs dusted with Plowboys, and slapped on Midwest Industries' front sling adapter .  All that's left is a sling, and an AXTS Raptor FDE charging handle.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    My buddy has a problem.

Is that a 90 or 91 851?  I had a 92 which turned out to be the last of the white frames.  888's started the bronze paint - never the same for me after that.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• nolaegghead
    @Possumtrot not sure, I'll ask him.  I stop by for a beer a few times a week.  He sold some property last month and had to dump all his Ducatis there.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.  He has another shop with more.  He's in his 60s and still runs out at the track.
    @nolaegghead what is his problem?  All I see are solutions. 
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2016
    And they say you can't grill on a WSM. =)
    Lit half full ring on one end, let things cruise up to 300.  Touched the vents once.  Unknown BBQ Hinge came in handy last 15 min.  Medium heat over the wings with the lid open.  Rolled the big drummies, moved things around at the end.

Buck fifty per lb at Aldi.

Finished with a little bit of Stubbs Original in the KA mixer bowl.

All day.

Some sweet corn from my Aunt Elaine.  Used this cob stripper for the first time.  Worked pretty good.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000V78JGO/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470878061&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65
    Boiled for 5 min, then butter, shallot, garlic, thyme saute over med, bacon, kosher, white pepp, and cranked up high in the Griswold.  

9 year old is a sweet corn crusher.  I don't blame him.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    I'm watching the USA/Swiss women's beach volleyball now (just by chance, of course). Women's Oly Beach Volleyball has often taken much criticism as the athletes are nearly naked (and taken much credit for the same reason).
    Tonight, the USA ladies are wearing bikini bottoms*, but long-sleeved black tops, with their bikini tops on top of the black blouses!! The Swiss Misses are wearing long black tops AND bottoms, but again with their bikini top over the top of their blouses. I'd like to hear the "official" explanation for this oddity. 
    I thought at first it was cooler, but this is Rio. Then I thought, mosquito/Zika defense? But it looks to be indoors. 
    I shall continue my careful research, stand by.

*Red. My favorite color.

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Botch said:
    I'm watching the USA/Swiss women's beach volleyball now (just by chance, of course). Women's Oly Beach Volleyball has often taken much criticism as the athletes are nearly naked (and taken much credit for the same reason).
    Tonight, the USA ladies are wearing bikini bottoms*, but long-sleeved black tops, with their bikini tops on top of the black blouses!! The Swiss Misses are wearing long black tops AND bottoms, but again with their bikini top over the top of their blouses. I'd like to hear the "official" explanation for this oddity. 
    I thought at first it was cooler, but this is Rio. Then I thought, mosquito/Zika defense? But it looks to be indoors. 

*Red. My favorite color.
    It was a cold rainy day in that part of Brazil. And by cold I mean 65°F. Dreadful winter weather. :)

Many people in the stands were wearing coats. I understand why you didn't notice them.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Just got done watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead 2 on Netflix.  Now craving a Wendy's baconator. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Jeremiah said:
    I snapped this as I was waiting on the gate. The guy was even cooler than his house. He showed me around the property and house, 170 rose bushes, banana trees, magnolias, a pool,  and two greenhouses. When I pulled up he was outside building in-line fertilizer carts that meter 10% solution that's tapped into the drop lines for the roses. I hope I'm half that cool when I'm 80.
    I hope your are too!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I hope I'm 80 one day(at least)
  • northGAcock
    edited August 2016
    Had this for 30th anniversary last night. The bride and I shared this cowboy ribeye cooked on the (boat) gas grill. It didn't suck!i cut the rib off leaving plenty of meat as opposed to my normal knawing....... Gonna be a good BBQ Rib tomorrow. 

• Dyal_SC
    I hope Miss Pattie is gentle with him @theyolksonyou
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @Dyal_SC we really should have had a pool on over/under until she throws him overboard 
  • nolaegghead
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:

*Red. My favorite color.
    It was a cold rainy day in that part of Brazil. And by cold I mean 65°F. Dreadful winter weather. :)

Many people in the stands were wearing coats. I understand why you didn't notice them.
    The reason they wore the bikini tops over the shirts was because the tops are their uniforms and wearing them is in the rules.  The shirts and pants are optional, the uniforms are not.  Yes and it's cold there.  If you listen to the beginning of the match you'll hear "Americans in the red, Swiss in black".
    Had this for 30th anniversary last night. The bride and I shared this cowboy ribeye cooked on the (boat) gas grill. It didn't suck!i cut the rib off leaving plenty of meat as opposed to my normal knawing....... Gonna be a good BBQ Rib tomorrow. 
    Happy 30th to you and your bride. Looks like a great way to celebrate. Have fun Robin. Cheers John.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Dyal_SC
    You are a good man, @northGAcock .   :) Happy Anniversary!
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Hope you are enjoying it @northGAcock. Looks like the weather cleared up for you!   Got to get that trap in the water and get some of those delicious crabs they have out there!  Nice touch of the flowers too. :blush:
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    ColtsFan said:
    Just put this baby together. Now I just have to get propane and season it. Smash burgers for everyone. 
    Get two tanks while you are at it.  The blackstone is a heavy drinker.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @XLentEGG @lkapigian found this tandem circuit a little low. 66# low that is :lol:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • northGAcock
    Sea2Ski said:
    Hope you are enjoying it @northGAcock. Looks like the weather cleared up for you!   Got to get that trap in the water and get some of those delicious crabs they have out there!  Nice touch of the flowers too. :blush:
    Having the time of my life. Beautiful sunset / sunrise....and a few donuts! Life is grand.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    The donuts there are not so bad....
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,750
    @XLentEGG @lkapigian found this tandem circuit a little low. 66# low that is :lol:

@NPHuskerFL Hope you are hanging in this summer, we are having record heat here......of course its nice and cool @ my desk
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Jeremiah said:
    Made spaghetti and biscuits tonight. 

is that some sort of 'southern' italian dish? 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle