Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Making a Comeback - Jucy Lucy's - No Membership Restaurant Depot

Options
2»

Comments

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Those pictures are GREAT! All I could think was a hinged jaw is required. Kept picturing a snake minus the fangs. How DO you eat those?
    Judy in San Diego
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Those pictures are GREAT! All I could think was a hinged jaw is required. Kept picturing a snake minus the fangs. How DO you eat those?
    Hey much appreciated! @Judy Mayberry You almost need to do a karate chop to it before the first bite.

200w.gif 573.1K
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Hey @WeberWho - glad to be a part of bringing the small back into action. Nice cook!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Looks great!  Next time you are searching for a hard to find item, try Yakaz.com. It is a search engine for classified ads like craigslist across the country. You can set up notifiers that will send an email when what you are looking for shows up somewhere on the planet.
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • outdoorsmin
    Options
    Did you find the prices at The Restaurant Depot reasonable? Compared to Sams?   How is their meat department?
  • WeberWho
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    Hey @WeberWho - glad to be a part of bringing the small back into action. Nice cook!
    Thanks! @minniemoh So nice rolling the small around. My small platesetter decided to vanish out of nowhere. So I need to find a replacement for it. Once I find a replacement the small will be back to its gloryglory days! I have an old large platesetter with a broken foot sitting on the shelf in the garage doing no good. So I'm thinking I'll cut the platesetter down into a stone and pick up a Woo from the grill store. @Hotch new 3/8" small grid has me salivating. I definitely feel like a kid in a candy store right now with the small
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    tgs2401 said:
    Looks great!  Next time you are searching for a hard to find item, try Yakaz.com. It is a search engine for classified ads like craigslist across the country. You can set up notifiers that will send an email when what you are looking for shows up somewhere on the planet.
    @tgs2401 Thank you! I'll have to check that out. I've used the Craigslist ad finder in the past but I'll have to try this out. Thanks for the tip!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Did you find the prices at The Restaurant Depot reasonable? Compared to Sams?   How is their meat department?
    @outdoorsmin Restaurant Depot seems to be a little cheaper in price. The selection is much better at the Depot. All kinds of cuts that Sam's doesn't carry. I'm not sure if Depot carries any Prime cuts. I could be wrong. I could have easily spent another hour plus looking around but the store was closing. It smokes Sam's Club for meats. Definitely worth checking out if around Brooklyn Center location 

Minnesota
  • outdoorsmin
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @outdoorsmin Restaurant Depot seems to be a little cheaper in price. The selection is much better at the Depot. All kinds of cuts that Sam's doesn't carry. I'm not sure if Depot carries any Prime cuts. I could be wrong. I could have easily spent another hour plus looking around but the store was closing. It smokes Sam's Club for meats. Definitely worth checking out if around Brooklyn Center location 

Good Deal. I am in Shakopee but not too far of a drive.

• WeberWho
    edited August 2016
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Good Deal. I am in Shakopee but not too far of a drive.

@outdoorsmin Same here. Weekends are good. No traffic and only about 30 minute trip. Make sure you bring a hoodie or sweatshirt. The meat department is a walk in freezer so it gets cold after a little while.

Minnesota
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Couple of turkey burgers on the small, been doing good Michigan corn also. Use it 3-4 times a week..
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Awesome pictures.  Loved the burgers
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • WeberWho
    Options
    otter said:
    Couple of turkey burgers on the small, been doing good Michigan corn also. Use it 3-4 times a week..
    Nice! @otter I did a couple cheeseburgers on the small last week and was able to sneak in a couple cobs of corn. Presently surprised that they fit with a couple burgers 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Awesome pictures.  Loved the burgers
    Thank you much! @Austin Egghead

Minnesota