Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza (Finally one I'm happy with)

Options
EggNorth
EggNorth Posts: 1,535
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
Been making pizza for years and everyone always says it's great, but of course I've never been completely satisfied.  I 'had' two problems, need to cook two pizzas at a time as I usually have to cook 4 to 5 pizzas total, and the second problem of the top not completely finishing before the crust.

I have the MM but find gets too hot below for pizza.   Been getting away from the pizza stone as it too cooks the crust too fast for me.

Finally, today I had success! 

Egg setup:  Platesetter legs up, grill, ceramic feet (use to be included), pizza stone, BGE Haft Moon Raised Grill, insert pizza pan, close with second BGE Haft Moon Raised Grill, place second pizza on top, pull out thermometer to close.  Stable at about 400 F

The setup:

Coming along just fine.  The high dome location of the top pizza is browning the cheese nicely.  The top pan is acting as a shield and is browning the bottom pizza nicely.

Need to justify the pizza stone purchase, but could have skipped it, so added a few minutes to finish.

I'm finally happy with the pizza on the Egg, about time, it has taken 5 years!  Something not cooking correctly?  Don't give up!

Pizza dough made from 'The Pizza Bible'

Thanks for looking.
Dave
Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)

Comments