Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    @jermiah the grid looks good, solid buy?
    Seattle, WA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    @Focker love the flash hider on there. That is one bada** looking setup!
    Las Vegas, NV

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Stopped to check on the buffalo ... they seem to be taking it easy this evening.

Buff.jpg 984.7K

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Watching Prison Break on Netflix.  This show has me hooked. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Gander Mtn had a Magpul AFG2 in the M-lok slot.  Store mgr was cool, honored the price.  Fits the paw perfect.  Nickerson gene saved 8 bucks. Lol

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Focker said:
    Gander Mtn had a Magpul AFG2 in the M-lok slot.  Store mgr was cool, honored the price.  Fits the paw perfect.  Nickerson gene saved 8 bucks. Lol

Done deal!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Focker
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Focker said:

Done deal!
    Yes sir!  The hemorrhaging has finally stopped. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Focker said:

More importantly, nice NS board. Quite the angles on those bindings. What is that, 20/-20?
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Focker said:

More importantly, nice NS board. Quite the angles on those bindings. What is that, 20/-20?
    No Dylan!  It's about the gun! =)
  • Focker
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Focker said:

Thanks Dylan, not quite sure.  It's my buddy Colin's rig.  My a$$ is too big to roll down a hill. Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    Sometimes, I feel like if I didn't have things going wrong, I wouldn't have anything going on at all.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

Just place a large order with SRF and use their cooler. #winning
    @doublegger that is a GREAT idea!

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    Options
    I suggest you submit that as an IED project.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @ozzie_isaac if it wasn't for bad luck, i wouldn't have no luck at all, right?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Military IED project deterrence program. 

Step 1. See IED. 

Step 2. If IED is near you, run away.  If not, see step 3. 

Step 3. Call higher. They will tell you EOD is 7 hours out. 

Step 4. 15 minutes later make a gut call and start throwing hand grenades until the IED goes off. 

Step 5. Return to Base. Prepare for legendary @$$ chewing. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Wishing I was still here...
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Step 1. See IED. 

Step 4. 15 minutes later make a gut call and start throwing hand grenades until the IED goes off. 

That's probably what I would do.  I'll gladly get my ass chewed out and do what I think is right (note - this philosophy would be bad if everyone followed it).
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Step 1. See IED. 

That's probably what I would do.  I'll gladly get my ass chewed out and do what I think is right (note - this philosophy would be bad if everyone followed it).
    You sir, are no longer fit for military service.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Step 1. See IED. 

You sir, are no longer fit for military service.
    I don't respond well to orders I don't agree with.   That and a love of science and math made me go into the civilian job market.
    Options
    At the airport parking lot waiting for the shuttle bus.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    For 5:04am I can't complain about gas grilled corn and enjoyed a bonfire tonight. I even meet a professional dumpster diver. A really nice guy. He explained all kinds of stuff what businesses throw out and what he looks for in value. Great chat with him over some corn. Funny how conversations start

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Ran across this awesome Sunbeam Tiger at the car show this morning. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Watching the woman beach volleyball... WOW !!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I even meet a professional dumpster diver. A really nice guy. He explained all kinds of stuff what businesses throw out and what he looks for in value. Great chat with him over some corn. 

While skiing I shared a chairlift with a dumpster diver.  He used to run an auto repair shop in Park City (the most expensive place to live in utard) but he started finding things in dumpsters, selling them on eBay, and soon sold his business as he was making more money "diving".  Rich folk would buy new, $1000 skis for a week's vacation, then toss 'em in the dumpster; same with whitewater rafts, the tony hotels would throw out perfectly good towels and bedding, on and on.  
    It's a strange country we live in....   :|

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• WeberWho
    Options
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:
    I even meet a professional dumpster diver. A really nice guy. He explained all kinds of stuff what businesses throw out and what he looks for in value. Great chat with him over some corn. 

While skiing I shared a chairlift with a dumpster diver.  He used to run an auto repair shop in Park City (the most expensive place to live in utard) but he started finding things in dumpsters, selling them on eBay, and soon sold his business as he was making more money "diving".  Rich folk would buy new, $1000 skis for a week's vacation, then toss 'em in the dumpster; same with whitewater rafts, the tony hotels would throw out perfectly good towels and bedding, on and on.  
    It's a strange country we live in....   :|
    My friends neighbor also does it full time. It was very entertaining listening to him. He says it's anything from sheets to orchid flowers. He says it amazing what businesses throw out. He says anything commercial/mechanical is usually the most valuable. He than sells Craigslist/Ebay. Hotels and big box stores don't have the time to sell something for $50, $100, $200, $300+ or the space for someone to pick up a big heavy compressor or boiler. Not worth the time or energy for the company. He loves it!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    For 5:04am I can't complain about gas grilled corn and enjoyed a bonfire tonight. I even meet a professional dumpster diver. A really nice guy. He explained all kinds of stuff what businesses throw out and what he looks for in value. Great chat with him over some corn. Funny how conversations start

Hoping he didn't provide the corn. 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Lit said:
    WeberWho said:

Hoping he didn't provide the corn. 
    Now that's some funny stuff! I picked it up at the grocery store and forgot to grab it out of the bed of my truck from the night before. My buddy fired up his grill and we ate corn 4:30am this morning. Not a bad snack. Should have just cooked them next to the fire pit thinking about it now. 

Minnesota
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Welded in new cab corners and painting this truck all over to raise the money for the camper we want... Remembering why I quit doing this. I'm beat already. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Bunch of cooking going on.

Homemade meatballs and marinara.  

Roast for pulled beef. 

Pork for Tacos El Pastor. 

Made breakfast too this morning (eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage links). 

I'm relaxing now. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Trying to stay grounded in some semblance of sober reality til time to slice and inhale the below (apologies for the pic but consider the source).  Another speed-run cook-11 lbs (post-trim) and finished in 7 hours with around 280-290*F on the calibrated dome.  

I will enjoy; the challenge-will I recall  ;)
    Edit:  Costco prime.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.