Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Touched Breasts, I Was Safe and Wrapped It Up, Now I Feel a Burning Sensation

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,029
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
Get your head out of the gutters!!! You sicko! =)
I cooked some chicken breasts on the small tonight for dinner. I decided to hop them up with Buffalo Wild Wings Ghost bbq sauce. (That stuff packs a punch) While the chicken was on egg I sautéed some green peppers, onions, and garlic. When walking outside to grab the chicken off the egg I was hit with a hot/spicy aroma of the ghost sauce. I made a bed of sautéed veggies for the chicken and topped with cheese, sliced tomatoes, cowboy caviar, and a light topping of spicy ranch. I was a little worried the ghost sauce wouldn't come through with the other toppings. Was I wrong. My wife's exact response, "I seriously think my eyes are burning right now!" Followed by her dabbing her eyes with a napkin. The hot flavor definitely came through. All in all it was a good somewhat healthy meal. A nice way to change up basic chicken. A few pics of the wrap:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Dang Web.....sounds to me like you got da $hit....if she is hot, you got to decide if its worth the risk! I think so man.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great cook right there-I would pound those til I felt the burn. And with ghost peppers, it wouldn't take long.  Ghost peppers can bring the heat-even in a diluted form.  Wait til this fall when you can smoke them down to high octane chipotles.  Tread carefully when ghosts are around-never mind the Carolina reapers  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Justacookin
    Options
    Weber if I even had Ghost peppers or powder in my kitchen my wife would probably leave me. Pretty cool your wife will try it. Food looks great.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Great cook. Looks and sounds outstanding. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That's way past my tolerance level, but certainly looks good enough to eat.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options
    That looks awesome! 
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You had me at brea.....I mean, ghost sauce.  Looks good.  I like plenty of heat in my grub.
    Options
    Looks awesome and sounds awesome!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    I might have hiccups while eating that.. But WOW !!!! it looks so good. Great pics as always..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That looks outstanding on many different levels. I'd probably be the only one in our household that would touch that, but I'd give it a try. Great pics.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That is strong brother Who!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Looks/sounds wonderful. I love spicy/hot
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Dang Web.....sounds to me like you got da $hit....if she is hot, you got to decide if its worth the risk! I think so man.
    @northGAcock Hahahaha!!! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Great cook right there-I would pound those til I felt the burn. And with ghost peppers, it wouldn't take long.  Ghost peppers can bring the heat-even in a diluted form.  Wait til this fall when you can smoke them down to high octane chipotles.  Tread carefully when ghosts are around-never mind the Carolina reapers  ;)
    @lousubcap I've tried a ghost wing challenge at a local restaurant here in town and they were insane! I think you had to get through 6 or 8 wings to win the challenge. If you're able to eat all 6 or 8 of them you couldn't drink anything for 10 minutes after the last wing was finsihed. I made it through 2.25 wings. Unreal hot. My wife tried a nibble a size of a pinky finger nail. She had an upset stomach the rest of the night. My stomach felt like I was about to deliver a baby with it being so bloated and messed up from the peppers. Crazy how people can handle painful hot. I love hot and spicy but dang those reapers and ghosts are a whole new level

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Weber if I even had Ghost peppers or powder in my kitchen my wife would probably leave me. Pretty cool your wife will try it. Food looks great.
    @Justacookin Thanks! Salt and Pepper was almost considered an afterthought for my wife and her family growing up. Very much a meat and potato family. I remember my parents inviting her over to dinner one night for Salmon. She loved it! The first time she ever had salmon. Her pallet has changed significantly since we first started dating. It's not like she disliked spices and certain food but more less was never introduced to it. So she loves trying new foods now. I've been really fortunate for that. She even fires up the egg and cooks!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    caliking said:
    Great cook. Looks and sounds outstanding. 
    Thank you good sir! @caliking

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    That's way past my tolerance level, but certainly looks good enough to eat.
    @StillH2OEgger Thanks! The ghost sauce is slowly disappearing from the bottle. A little at a time. Can't over do it though. It will come back and bite you if you do. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Jameson19 said:
    That looks awesome! 
    Thanks! @Jameson19

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You had me at brea.....I mean, ghost sauce.  Looks good.  I like plenty of heat in my grub.
    @nolaegghead Thanks! I love heat myself. I tame down dishes when I have guests over and I'll still get a comment how something has "heat" to it. :o "you're killing me smalls!"

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    Looks awesome and sounds awesome!!!
    Thank you! @dldawes1

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I might have hiccups while eating that.. But WOW !!!! it looks so good. Great pics as always..
    Much appreciated! @johnmitchell

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Dredger said:
    That looks outstanding on many different levels. I'd probably be the only one in our household that would touch that, but I'd give it a try. Great pics.
    Thanks! @Dredger I like your style! Gotta love a little spice in life!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    That is strong brother Who!
    @bgebrent Thanks! Always a nice way to change up some basic chicken 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    piney said:
    Looks/sounds wonderful. I love spicy/hot
    @piney Thank you! Spicy food rules. Makes an average meal go up a couple notches with some heat

Minnesota
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Plated pic looks great but do much heat for me as well. I like hot BWW but it's on the border of too hot! I was pissed when they got rid of Jammin Jalapeno sauce.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• WeberWho
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Plated pic looks great but do much heat for me as well. I like hot BWW but it's on the border of too hot! I was pissed when they got rid of Jammin Jalapeno sauce.
    @Brisket_Fanatic  K. use to work at Buffalo Wild Wings back in the day. I use to stop in and eat my fare share of wings. I was never much of Blazing sauce fan starting out. The more I tried the sauce the more I got a craving for it. Now it's mandatory each time I go. Blue cheese is a must though. I nice cool coating of blue cheese with a kick of blazing gets my taste buds going. Way better than ghost in my opinion. It's been a while since I've been in a b-dubs. That's too bad about the jammin jalapeño. We typically stock Asian Zing, Caribbean Jerk, and Spicy Garlic in the fridge at home. 

Minnesota
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @Brisket_Fanatic  K. use to work at Buffalo Wild Wings back in the day. I use to stop in and eat my fare share of wings. I was never much of Blazing sauce fan starting out. The more I tried the sauce the more I got a craving for it. Now it's mandatory each time I go. Blue cheese is a must though. I nice cool coating of blue cheese with a kick of blazing gets my taste buds going. Way better than ghost in my opinion. It's been a while since I've been in a b-dubs. That's too bad about the jammin jalapeño. We typically stock Asian Zing, Caribbean Jerk, and Spicy Garlic in the fridge at home. 
    I was ordering a few different varieties of wings at a noisy BWW one time and thought I ordered the "Asian Zing". Long story short, the waitress heard "Blazin'." I should have known something was up when my nostrils flared, but as soon as my lips touched those Blazin' wings they started on fire and no amount of blue cheese could extinguish the burning. I didn't feel so bad when one of the other guys at our table, who said he enjoyed the heat, tried one and could not finish more than one. I don't know how you guys do it.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I was ordering a few different varieties of wings at a noisy BWW one time and thought I ordered the "Asian Zing". Long story short, the waitress heard "Blazin'." I should have known something was up when my nostrils flared, but as soon as my lips touched those Blazin' wings they started on fire and no amount of blue cheese could extinguish the burning. I didn't feel so bad when one of the other guys at our table, who said he enjoyed the heat, tried one and could not finish more than one. I don't know how you guys do it.
    @StillH2OEgger  It must have been our senior year of high school when a group of my buddies and I went up to the Plymouth BWW location as it was the closest one at the time to the south metro. My one friend in particular wasn't too keen on spicy food. As a good friend, I told him that blazin wings weren't that hot and way overrated for heat. So he orders 6 blazin along with some teriyaki wings. I'll never forget his first bite. He couldn't grab his water fast enough. (Water only helps spread the heat faster) It was priceless. We didn't have any money in high school so you really couldn't afford to waste the 6 blazin wings he ordered. He wiped as much of the blazin sauce off the other 5 wings to have a chance of eating the rest of them. I didn't get out of the joke scot-free. We packed his Civic with 4 or 5 guys for the ride back to the south metro with his heater on in the middle of summer. The blazin messed with his body and made him get cold shivers. So the blazin joke ended up getting us all in the end. We actually brought this story up a couple weeks ago when tipping some beers back with friends. My buddy still catches crap for eating his teriyaki wings when we do our fantasy football draft at b-dubs every year! Good times.

Minnesota
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I didn't read this entire thread, I just wanted to tell you that burrito looks awesome!!!

The only thing I'd do (if you didn't already) was briefly warm that tortilla on the grill before wrapping.  Till it just starts to brown/puff.  I usually stand over the grill and rotate then flip once as it burns easily.   It improves the flavor and consistency of the tortilla 10 fold.  So much so that when I get a burrito in a restaurant and it comes on a fridge cold tortilla...I'm pissed off! 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • WeberWho
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    I didn't read this entire thread, I just wanted to tell you that burrito looks awesome!!!

The only thing I'd do (if you didn't already) was briefly warm that tortilla on the grill before wrapping.  Till it just starts to brown/puff.  I usually stand over the grill and rotate then flip once as it burns easily.   It improves the flavor and consistency of the tortilla 10 fold.  So much so that when I get a burrito in a restaurant and it comes on a fridge cold tortilla...I'm pissed off! 
    I did fail with the tortilla @KiterTodd It didn't even cross my mind. Funny thing is I made a cheese tortilla on the stove a few days prior. My wife picked up some garlic herb butter from Sam's Club (I think) and is awesome when cooked with tortillas. Great garlic flavor infused in the tortilla. Thanks for the idea on the grill. Will have to try that out

Minnesota