Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Four pizzas only - not 40!

Options
An Egg Downunder
An Egg Downunder Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
pizza1.jpg
<p />I think I might have finally worked it out. Here's one of the four pizzas I cooked tonight(but it's not the best one!).[p]I prepped them on silicone paper and then removed it after the first couple of minutes in the egg (I don't have a peel). The undersides were beautiful.[p]Roast lamb next!

Comments

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    to do many pizzas, i would use at least 3 pizza screens.
    you build them on the screen, then place the screen on the pizza stone (which sits on the platesetter-legs down)
    while one pizza is cooking, you can build the second one & be ready for baking.
    when first one comes off, remove from the 1st screen to a wooden cutting board and allow the screen to cool off, while building a 3rd pizza on the the 3rd screen.
    keep going until all are done
    [basically you'll be runing a production line]
    using screens is the best way to make pizza that is crisp, but not burned at the bottom (normally 20min @ 400-450F dome)
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    An Egg Downunder,[p]Looks great!....
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    An Egg Downunder,
    Very nice pizza! I like your "brick oven" setup.
    Clay

• Jackbythesea
    Jackbythesea Posts: 102
    Options
    Pizza.jpg
    <p />An Egg Downunder,
    Looks great! Have you tried brushing EVOO on the edge of the crust before the toppings go on and then drizzle a little bit on the pie before it goes on the egg to cook? Makes the crust crisp and gives the pie extra flavor!
    Jack

• Lucky Duck
    Lucky Duck Posts: 80
    Options
    icemncmth,
    You mention 49 pizzas and the three hour time slot... Was the lump spilling out over the gasket? 600 degrees for that long is a wonder. I've only done four at 500 and started to lose m' heat[p]Thanks a mil,[p]Phil, D'Duck

• icemncmth
    Options
    jackbythesea,[p]If you want an extra crunchy crust....mist the exposed crust lightly with water a min or two after you put the pizza in the egg...this is an old trick to do with bread and works great on pizzas
  • FL Bob
    FL Bob Posts: 39
    Options
    Are those firebricks in your setup?
  • Lucky Duck
    Options
    An Egg Downunder,
    Pizza is a favorite of mine... Too bad for all the calories...[p]Your "brick oven is cool? Not hardly when it's 500 degrees. I put a commercial stone on the legs up plate setter and it collapsed! Fortunately, before I pizza-fied it. Has anyone tried the cast iron pizza "stone" from Lodge? I set it on the grid and that goes on the legs up plate setter. Big drawback is cleaning 'tween pizzas. Oh but a great crust![p]Thanks guys...[p]Phil, D'Duck

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    Lucky Duck,[p]Don't tell me you have gave up on posting pictures.[p]I'm gonna have to talk to your wife about you. LOL[p]-Smitty[p]Here's an "action" shot of the Duck making pizza-[p]DSC_751022.jpg

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Lucky Duck
    Options
    SMITTYtheSMOKER,[p]You're too much![p]Phil D'Duck
  • icemncmth
    Options
    Lucky duck,[p]I just loaded up some Ozark lump and put it to the top of the firebox...that was about it....[p]I started the fire at 600 but after the first pizza the temp would hang around 525-550...[p]