Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Ultimate Peach Cobbler

Options

Comments

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    @82c52ksl - Looks like a Home Run!
  • 82c52ksl
    82c52ksl Posts: 19
    Options
    Decided the leftovers we had from last night i am going to churn into some homemade ice cream to make BGE Vanilla Bean Peach Cobbler Ice Cream.  Sounds pretty good.  Then, i am going to make another batch of the cobbler itself with some berries instead of peaches.  Should work, right?
  • EagleIII
    Options
    @82c52ksl.  Yessir, it will absolutely work with berries.  BTW, that Peach Cobble Ice Cream sounds insane...
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    82c52ksl said:
    So there is no stirring at all?  How does the batter come to the top from the bottom.  I'm missing that part.  Thanks.
    Nope not at all its eggmagic that brings the batter to the top :)
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • shadowrider
    Options
    Did this today.  I totally bombed it, and it was still good!  I also did red beans in a cast iron DO and when those came off I guessed at my vent openings and nailed the temp at 380.  Mixed it up and through it on.  I couldn't get it back up over 350 for about 20 minutes.  Poked up through the vent holes in the grate and that did the trick, went right on up.  10 minutes later it was done.  And I also forgot to add the blueberries I was going to put in with the peaches but this recipe rocks!  If I can do it, anybody can!
  • Red-Raider
    Options
    Made this with apples was awesome. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Always a good thing when this thread gets brought back.  My favorite non meat item to make.  

Phoenix 
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    I can't wait to make this! I have been looking for the perfect cobbler recipe. Thank you!
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • RaySMS
    RaySMS Posts: 42
    Options
    Bought me a Dutch Oven last night 5 qt.  Made my first Peach Cobbler.
    Attached, 1st picture just shows the cake mix and the juice from peaches.
    I folded 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg and 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon.  Then I zested 1 lemon and cut the lemon taking seeds out and squeezing all the juice into the mix.  MIXED everything and poured in the peaches spreading them evenly.  Meanwhile the LGE was at 450 degrees and later it settled to 400.  While I was waiting for the oven to settle down on the heat I mixed my topping.
    1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 or 3 tables of butter (melted) and mixed this and after mixed crumbled on top of the peaches.
    LGE stable at 400 degrees I placed DO in on indirect heat and cooked 55 minutes......it was delicious and we used vanilla ice cream.  But I would change the time cooked down to 45 min.  I thought the temp was supposed to be 475 at 45 min and I had it at 400 so I cooked it longer it did give me a little of a crusty bottom.  But you could taste the lemon in it and it was very good I would do it again and my next one will be APPLE.
  • RaySMS
    RaySMS Posts: 42
    Options
    I did attach pictures but for some reason they don't show up.....

• BBQpilot
    BBQpilot Posts: 26
    Options
    I think RayBones may have started something with this recipe! I made it tonight using the 3/4 cup flour version and it was incredible! I think using 1/4 less flour made it more gooey which I liked. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Yum!  Thanks for the post and recipe.  We are planning to do "just desserts" at the Jefferson  Eggfest and that just be added to the menu.  
    Do you think this recipe would work with frozen cherries?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Nice work. I find the key to these types of cooks is the acid and cinnamon/nutmeg.
    Dylan, you better leave that stuff alone.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ElkhornHusker
    Options
    Made this tonight, but in the oven.  It was excellent, next time on the egg for sure.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Jonathan1970
    Options
    Looks great! 
  • coomdaddy
    coomdaddy Posts: 128
    Options
    Tried it tonight.  We enjoyed very much!
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    coomdaddy said:
    Tried it tonight.  We enjoyed very much!
    I'm so glad you just posted this. I was following this and couldn't find it. I was gonna make it tonight but I couldn't find the recipe and my peaches weren't ripe enough. 

If I had a double seal of approval, you would get one right now. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• EagleIII
    Options
    Looks like you killed it.  Beautiful pic!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You put cast with peaches and a little smoke,.....ain't nothing bad coming from that right there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Made this just just as the recipe states. Also added a couple tablespoons of flour to the peach/sugar as someone's else suggested. Highly recommend trying this if you haven't already. Very simple. Thanks @RayBones

Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options

Snellville, GA

• Corvus
    Corvus Posts: 30
    Options
    Oh, this recipe went right into Evernote along with some other tips and suggestions provided here!  They'll be peach cobbler on the menu tomorrow, in spite of a projected 100 degree heat index. 
    Blessed are the flexible for they shall not get bent out of shape.

LBGE, Weber Genesis II, Weber Performer, 2-WSM, PKGrill, 22" Blackstone, KettlePizza, Joule, ChefAlarm, Smoke, 2-ThermaPens.
  • UncleBilly
    UncleBilly Posts: 225
    Options
    Here is tonight's version of peach & blueberry cobbler.  Pretty damn amazing recipe!  Thanks to @RayBones!  Another commenter mentioned adding blueberries.  They were an inspired addition.  Looks a bit funky because I started to stir the fruit mixture before realizing that SWMBO had already poured it over the batter.  
    XL  Central Ohio
  • Atl_Buckeye
    Options
    Is cast iron required or could a disposable aluminum pan work? 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I think an aluminum pan would work just fine.  The crust might be a little different.  

Phoenix 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Well, I waited 6 years, but it was great!!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • llrickman
    Options
    I make one very similar. I always had a shot or so of Peach Schnapps to it too
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • llrickman
    Options
    BTW where's the best place t o find a cast iron pan like that with no handles? everything I find won't fit in my egg or isn't made in the USA 
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • llrickman
    Options
    blasting said:

I think an aluminum pan would work just fine.  The crust might be a little different.  

yes I use them all the time just make sure you have an air space below it 
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM