Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gonna have a party, and you're all invited!

Options
greetings friends,

ive been in the house two years, the girls have been here six months, and we haven't had a house warming yet...

gonne do a party

I'm pretty good with chicken breasts and burgers. Corn. The usual. Might warm up some butt. 

But - are there quick and good BGE ideas YOU like for a party? I'm talking BGE is active and cooking while people are eating kinda stuff. Burgers are slammin here. Expecting everyone to enjoy them. Maybe some chicken eaters. I always incorporate Polska sausages for those who want a bite of something else. Not looking for ABT suggestions - something faster please. 

It's going to be a blowout.  I've been promising friends this was going to happen for years and haven't made good. I'll let you all know when it goes live, in case you feel like coming by. I hope you do. 

All are welcome. None leave hungry. 
8-damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Standing by fork in hand...
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    Brother, I wish I lived closer.  I just might take you up on this even though we've never met.  A great gesture.  Hope you have a grand old time when the event occurs.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    We hosted a pretty big party yesterday and did beef sliders (with freshly ground meat we did ourselves) and pulled pork on top. Homemade BBQ sauce incorporated the pork drippings. 

Sounds like you want to be grilling as opposed to baking or low and slow. Accordingly, shrimp skewers might be a good option - they an be prepared in advance, grill quickly and can be eaten neatly with one hand. Some sort of lime cilantro combination would be light and fresh relative to burgs/butt.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Keep us posted! I live 2 hrs away and Im in Greensboro every day.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    boneless skinless thighs are a big hit with my crowd and get scooped up quickly when they come off the Egg  also, quick and easy to cook  
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    i usually marinate or mop with BBQ sauce  
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We have 20 cases of beer. Seriously. 

Girlfriend Brandi makes this DANK mop sauce out of all the leftover sauces in the fridge and spices from the cabinet. Definitely doing chicken. I'll look for thighs at Costco. Great suggestion. 

She wants pork butt, so I'll fire one off of those as well

i want BGE smash burgers - done my way. Smashed in the parchment paper and BGE at 350. Should be enough for everybody.

Expect to see everyone. We'll let you know the date. Right now, looking hard at sept 2 Friday. 

Cheers!

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Are wings an option for apps ??  45 minutes to cook....can keep warm for quite a while while folks are snackin.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I'd love to meet you!  Following.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Got my attention. When and where......?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    We hosted a pretty big party yesterday and did beef sliders (with freshly ground meat we did ourselves) and pulled pork on top. Homemade BBQ sauce incorporated the pork drippings. 

Sounds like you want to be grilling as opposed to baking or low and slow. Accordingly, shrimp skewers might be a good option - they an be prepared in advance, grill quickly and can be eaten neatly with one hand. Some sort of lime cilantro combination would be light and fresh relative to burgs/butt.
    Your slider idea hit a chord with Brandi, so we'll do a butt overnight first and hook that up. I want to try lime cilantro shrimp first - there was a recipe that was popular around here somewhere...

dldawes1 said:
    Are wings an option for apps ??  45 minutes to cook....can keep warm for quite a while while folks are snackin.
    Great idea.  With the two tier we'll add them on top of the butts right at the end of that cook.

.tarheelmatt said:
    I'd love to meet you!  Following.  
    That's my fault - I missed the big blast this year. Will be rectified soon, brother. 

Got my attention. When and where......?
    We're in the middle of Greensboro, NC. Come on up!

thanks for the suggestions, everyone. One thing the BGE does is make you feel like your a gourmet chef. Everyone here do amazing cooks. It'll be fun to party down with everyone who can make it here!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    MaskedMarvel said:
     I want to try lime cilantro shrimp first - there was a recipe that was popular around here somewhere...

Perhaps this one?
    http://necessaryindulgences.com/2013/05/green-lightning-shrimp/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    MaskedMarvel said:
     I want to try lime cilantro shrimp first - there was a recipe that was popular around here somewhere...

Perhaps this one?
    http://necessaryindulgences.com/2013/05/green-lightning-shrimp/

I think it was @NecessaryIndulg recipe yes thanks
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Just got the official word for work -- I'm off on party night...

youre seriously all invited. We'll be going most all day and really ramping it up come evening. 

My number is 336/392-1954. If you text your info to me I'll reply with the address and so forth.

party is in Greensboro, NC on Friday sept 2. All day starting in the afternoon. 

Beer. Butt. Burgers. Kid friendly and non alcoholic drinks are of course available. 

Brandi and I would consider it a compliment if you dropped by and had a drink and a bite with us. It'll be simple fare in our simple home - but we love our friends and it won't be a party without you. 

Cheers and we hope to see you all soon!
    8-damien

@johnmitchell @tarheelmatt @Hi54putty @Wolfpack @piney
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 686
    Options
    http://eggybear.com/asiparm-potatoes/

Those take a little work, but it can all be done the day before. Cook time once prepared is 10 minutes. I use a perforated pan and can do 40 or so at a time. They serve them at the Georgia Mountain Eggfest.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Elijah said:
    http://eggybear.com/asiparm-potatoes/

Those take a little work, but it can all be done the day before. Cook time once prepared is 10 minutes. I use a perforated pan and can do 40 or so at a time. They serve them at the Georgia Mountain Eggfest.
    Perfect! Great idea tyvm!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    On my way to Kitty Hawk on the 20th... would that be leftovers, or pre-cook?

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    DieselkW said:
    On my way to Kitty Hawk on the 20th... would that be leftovers, or pre-cook?
    Precook.  We'll actually be in Duck next week and will just be missing you there! When're you headed back?
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• pescadorzih
    Options
    Mini wonton pulled pork sliders. 

Quick and easy.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • Jameson19
    Jameson19 Posts: 354
    Options

Quick and easy.
    Did you make these at an egg fest in Upland, California? I remember eating these, or something very similar there
    Large BGE, Adjustable Rig, Small BGE, 2 BBQ Guru's, 18" WSM, Rockwood, Stage 3 Roush Mustang and a hot wife... 

Las Vegas, Nevada!
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options

Quick and easy.
    Those look awesome, any chance you could share the recipe? I'm not familiar with the wonton crust.
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    Jameson19 said:

Quick and easy.
    Did you make these at an egg fest in Upland, California? I remember eating these, or something very similar there
    No. Someone else on here had posted them before.
    SE PA
  • pescadorzih
    Options

feef706 said:

Quick and easy.
    Those look awesome, any chance you could share the recipe? I'm not familiar with the wonton crust.
    Small wonton wrappers placed in small muffin tin.
    Place a small amount of pulled pork in wonton, add a little of your favorite bbq sauce. Place in 350* egg for about 5-7 min.
    Remove and top with cole slaw.
    SE PA
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    You could also put taco meat and cheese and then top with salsa, guac, etc.
    Shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and cheese and top with blue cheese after baking.
    Could even put crabmeat in them.
     Possibilities are endless.
    SE PA
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    @pescadorzih sorry I'm very unfamiliar with these wonton wrappers, where in a grocery store would you find them? Freezer section or ethnic isle?
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    feef706 said:
    @pescadorzih sorry I'm very unfamiliar with these wonton wrappers, where in a grocery store would you find them? Freezer section or ethnic isle?
    Typically in the refrigerator section.  Just ask where they keep the Wonton, Eggroll wrappers 
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    feef706 said:
    My grocery store has them with the produce.
    SE PA
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    We're on for the 2nd. We're asking for 4pm and beyond. If anyone wants to come earlier, come on down. I just may be busy running to get something. 

We we hope you come!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• n8er
    n8er Posts: 114
    Options
    Could always do a couple trays of Nacho's as well. Use pulled pork, chicken, whatever you'd like. They are quick on the Egg and always turn out fantastic. We've planked 'em and also just used a cookie sheet. Have a great party! Wish North Dakota was a bit closer :)
    1.jpg 1.6M
    Egging year 'round in North Dakota
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Latest attendance count comes to over 80 people... (!!!) ...

id reasonably expect half that to show up...

menu will will be two or three pork butts smoked pulled and slidered...

prolly 20 pounds ground beef smash burger style with regular add ons...

a bag or two chicken wings smoked , hot and regular sauce, and a dry...

possible wonton idea, depends how the restaurant gets me wontons..

beer and and wine and non alcoholic beverages

We might even get a band.. Depends what our music friends are doing.

anyway - everyone please come 4pm+ sept 2
    thanks
    8-damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE