Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hamburger is out...steak sandwich is in!

Options
2»

Comments

• Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    SkyRider, you bringing the beer. Did you hear, Steele (high content beer you brought to OK) recently sold for umpteen ga-zillion dollars. T
  • Sandbagger
    Options
    Bobby-Q, I printed it out to try. thanks T

• IslandSmoke
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]That picture looks good, but for my sandwich I like it to be a little more juicy/soggy.
    So I soak the veggies in the grapeseed oil, and let them get a little mushy and the juice soaks the bread if you buy those little 3 bite buns.[p]I think I'll make some tonight. I am getting pretty hungry reading all these posts.[p]Rafael

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]HA![p]About an hour and a half around here!
  • Sandbagger
    Options
    IslandSmoke, I hear you.. that pic was about mid cook on fajita fixings. I'll remember the grapeseed oil suggestion. T

• Sandbagger
    Options
    DobieDad, your or the dog's fridge.....HA, HA!
  • DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    Sandbagger,[p]Bringing meat or fish out of the Egg ...[p]well, it can get kinda hectic around here.[p]But they are ALWAYS on their best behaviour when the Egg fills the atmosphere with good smells
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    I just put mine in the dishwasher and it comes clean.I think either one will work good.
    Larry

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Jaymer-Que BBQ (Brandon/Valrico, FL),
    I have only used it on beef but I think it will work on chicken and pork.I gave one to my supervisors last year and one of them uses it almost everyday.He said it does wonders on venison.
    Larry

• Unknown
    Options
    GrillMeister, de wife has a little food grinder/chopper into which I pitch chunks of brisket (I have frozen brisket in the freezer 365 days a year). We like it on a bun, or sliced white bread, with a slice of large sweet onion. I've never called it a burger, but by whatever name you give it, it's a fine sammich! After I chop it, I mix BBQ sauce into the meat and also put sauce on both pieces of bun. While the chopped brisket is on "reheat" in the microwave, the bread is warming in the oven toaster. Makes for a fast and easy, FINE lunch.