Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jefferson TX Eggfest set for October 8, 2016

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
The date is set for October 8, 2016 in Jefferson TX.
This is a great little Eggfest to attend or cook at.
So save the date on your calendars!!

If you would like to signup to cook or just attend to sample some great food cooked on the Big Green Egg jump over to the Jefferson Eggfest web site.

http://www.jeffersoneggfest.com/  

Be sure and book your hotel or Bed and Breakfast rooms as soon as possible!!
There tends to be a lot of events going on that weekend and they will go fast.

Shelly and I will see you there!!!
Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Count me in. Shouldn't take much to convince the rest of the Team NFA posse ( ( @20stone, @20stonespice, @pigfisher ) to jump in.

Any particular place you recommend booking rooms at?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    We are staying at the Old Mulberry Inn B&B. They have both cottages and rooms in the main house.  http://www.oldmulberryinn.com/
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    @caliking:  It pretty much seems that B&Bs are the way to go here.  I can't even remember a "real hotel" there.  We stay at Austin Street Cottages and really like it.  Wherever you decide on, book a room ASAP, as Hotch said, because there are other events going on in town that weekend.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    edited July 2016
    Options
    caliking said:
    Count me in. Shouldn't take much to convince the rest of the Team NFA posse ( ( @20stone, @20stonespice, @pigfisher ) to jump in.

Any particular place you recommend booking rooms at?
    In.  Book @20stonespice and I wherever you and yours are staying

Sorry, we're out.  We'll be camping in Colorado with our knuckleheaded 20spawn.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    @Hotch- Google Maps is telling me that's about 5.5 hours from nola.  Is that about right?
    New Orleans LA
  • Hotch
    Options
    Dondgc said:
    @Hotch- Google Maps is telling me that's about 5.5 hours from nola.  Is that about right?
    @Dondgc Sounds about right. It should be an easy drive. We just went to Biloxi and I49 was like a ghost town for the most part.
    If you are even thinking about going, GET A ROOM NOW!!
    Look at the B and B's or there are two cheap motels. The Executive Inn is the better of the two. But it has a bit of road noise.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Tempting but I'm spending a bundle around then on a new central heating and air system. I'll do my best to make Salado though. 
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    We've missed a few Eggfests over the years for similar reasons.  But we tried to make up for 'em as soon as things settled down.  Only 'things' never really settle down, do they?

See you in Salado.

Spring "I've Got A Spending In Motion Problem" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• caliking
    Options
    Any suggestions for a B&B? Nothing available at Austin Street Cottages, and Old Mulberry Inn doesn't seem like they are keen on hosting caliprince. 

And for some reason,  @20stone doesn't think his offspring would like to come camp with us in Jefferson!

• Hotch
    Options
    @caliking Jump on Google . There are many others. Also there is the Executive Inn. Kind of a minimal hotel and a bit of road noise but it was clean 2 years ago 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Hotch are yall going to eggtoberfest?
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    @Calking...so glad you all are coming to Jefferson. I like the Executive Inn. We had the first room in the corner and it was large and quiet. Their breakfast was yucky but we eat at the fest site or there is a great restaurant in town. You don't have to cook a lot either. They feed us a big dinner at the Meet and Greet Friday night and there is no after party. We usually gather with others and drink wine and enjoy the evening :-)  it is all for a good cause....helping support the Library. CalPrince will love the fenced area we are in. He can run around all day and be safe. See you in Jefferson!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Hotch
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    @Hotch are yall going to eggtoberfest?
    @Jeremiah No we are not. The Jefferson Eggfest is on the same weekend.
    And this Eggfest is one that we really enjoy going to.
    This is put on by The Friends of The Jefferson Library. Such a great group of people.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I will be there also. I am on the fence about cooking. I will talk to SWMBO about it.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Ah. Didn't realize it was the same weekend. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Hotch
    Options
    six_egg said:
    I will be there also. I am on the fence about cooking. I will talk to SWMBO about it.
    @six_egg It's is more fun to cook! So jump off the fence and have some fun.
     Just do a couple of simple items.
    Do all of the prep at home that you can.
    If you need anything just come find us!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • We are looking forward to seeing you guys in Jefferson!  We are so appreciative of the support you all provide to Jefferson Carnegie Library.  Everyone has such fun during our Grillin' On The Bayou EggFest.  If anyone is having problems finding rooms in Jefferson, you can contact the Chamber.  jeffersontx1@att.net
  • Hotch
    Options
    Well it looks like we are 11 days out from the Jefferson TX Eggfest. And the weather forecast is looking good this year!

We have finished working on our Caramel Apple Pie Bombs. They are a one bite Apple Pie explosion.  I think these are a winner! Next up is our Chocolate Cherry Pie Bombs, if we have time to get it worked out.
    @caliking and @20stone I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with.

And @caliking please send me your list of what you need to borrow and I will bring the soap to clean them up with!!    :o=)

For those of you that would like to cook or just come out and taste some great food cooked on an Big Green Egg, please sign up and come on out. You will have a great time.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    Options
    I'm reppin' for Team NFA solo this year, since @20stone and @20stonespice will be gallivanting around CO that weekend.

SWMBO and caliprince will be away too. I'm thinking of rolling up in her Civic, since you'll have all the gear I need (and what I don't know I need yet) :smiley:

See ya there!

• Hotch
    Options
    Now that's funny!!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Glad you can still join the festivities, @caliking.  Any of us are glad to help out in any way we can.  What do you plan to cook?  
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • caliking
    Options
    Glad you can still join the festivities, @caliking.  Any of us are glad to help out in any way we can.  What do you plan to cook?  
    Oh, I know. I haven't finalized my cook yet, but it will probably be some kind of biryani (meat and rice dish). Sounds good in my head so far... I think.

• Hotch
    Options
    So we are 1 week away from The Jefferson TX Eggfest.
    Looks like we will have good weather.
    Who will be going this year?
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • G_S
    G_S Posts: 62
    Options

I have talked the girlfriend into getting up and driving with me and going!
    Well I am excited.

Tell all I need to know?

Star time?
    Scheduled of events?
    Bring cash?
    Bring chairs?
    The BGE owner / forum member secert hand shake / greating?

What do I need to know?

• Hotch
    Options
    @G_S
    Opens at 10:00 am for tasters to enter.
    Lasts until 3:00 pm
    Cash is good
    They have plenty of chairs
    Come hungry
    Ask all the questions you want
    Pace your self
    Stop by and say hi!
    And have a great time!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX