Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New MM and Labor Day

We normal go camping on LD weekend on some of our property. Normally we just do hot dogs and hamburgers on an open fire pit and call it good. We want to elevate that some. 
A MM followed us home yesterday so it will be making the trip with us. Any good ideas for a cook? There will be 7 of us and I'm sure we'll still use the fire pit. 
Bill   Denver, CO
XL, 2L's, and MM

Comments

• Dawgs8033
    Dawgs8033 Posts: 113
    You could always do a small butt, or meatloaf that is one of my favorites on the egg.
    LGBE, SBGE,Blackstone,Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe.
  • BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    The meatloaf sounds like the ticket! It would work out great time wise. 
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Pulled beef sammiches. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• BilZol
    BilZol Posts: 698
    edited July 2016
    That sounds good too! 
    We are going to do a meatloaf on it tomorrow to try it out. Need to see what we have got beef in the freezer and mebbe try that later in the week. 
    I think I've tricked my wife into starting the grill tomorrow and setting the temp. If I do this right, between my Stoker and her I'll be able to do all of this by text and talk.
    Bill   Denver, CO
    XL, 2L's, and MM
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I would go with some 8 ounce bacon wrapped filet mingion. Just me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,319
    @BilZol said: I think I've tricked my wife into starting the grill tomorrow and setting the temp. If I do this right, between my Stoker and her I'll be able to do all of this by text and talk.
    You should give pause to any SWMBO skill-set development. You may lose the key to eggscape-time we all use to gain some well-earned independent operations.  This is particularly related to adult supervisory beverages and the challenges of ensuring the BGE is properly behaving.  Go forth at your own peril  ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Decent sized chicken, small butt or brisket, I even smoked 4 good size trout in mine last camping trip...I actually bought another thermometer fer the camper since I forgot mine over the 4th of July weekend. Will be doing some camping over Labor Day also.
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    My favorite MM cook (the above mentioned filet notwithstanding) is pork tenderloin. One little fella will feed 2 easily and maybe 3. I can get 5 or so on my mm.

I did manage to get a 9lb butt on mine one time too.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Wylecyot
    Wylecyot Posts: 203
    Pepper Ale Beef.  Also try a non-traditional bbq like lasagna to really blow your guests away
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr, 36" Blackstone Griddle Blackstone Tailgater and Roccbox owner/operator from Los Angeles
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    BilZol said:
    That sounds good too! 
    We are going to do a meatloaf on it tomorrow to try it out. Need to see what we have got beef in the freezer and mebbe try that later in the week. 
    I think I've tricked my wife into starting the grill tomorrow and setting the temp. If I do this right, between my Stoker and her I'll be able to do all of this by text and talk.
    Bahahaha

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf