Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Accessories

Options
Is there a page or list somewhere of all the different accessories for a large green egg. I have the normal things and also have a bbq guru for my large. What does everyone consider must have accessories and what are the nice to have things. I do all kinds of cooks from low and slow to quick cooks. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    My got to accessory is a Thermopen, changed my cooking instantly 
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Sounds like you need an Adjustable Rig from CGS
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    How about an inexpensive suggestion....the pot is about 6" diameter, 4" deep and was $5
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Sounds like you need the latest edition of the BGE catalogue. Should be available at your local dealer. 

I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I am really liking my GrillGrates.  It helps keep flair ups when doing burgers or steaks and you only have to get the egg up to 400-450 to cook a steak.  The temp on the GrillGrates is 100 to 150 higher.  http://www.grillgrate.com/  Not badly priced for the Large.  Get the spatula it makes a big difference.  

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    The BGE website has a page on all the accessories. 
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    If you can cook across the BGE spectrum of direct, raised direct and indirect then I would ask what are you striving for with more accessories as that may point you in the right direction.  And yes, the instant read is a hot&fast cook game changer.  You can certainly trick out your LBGE and this site will be more than happy to separate you from your $$ across many different and "gotta have" accessories.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    There's been a ton of threads over the years pertaining to this. Most rank the thermapen, the AR, and beer.  Google "bge must have accessories" I'm sure those threads will pop up.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    For the past year or so now I've been using the stout wire thingies (can't remember their official name or vendor, someone will) that can lift a hot platesetter out of the Egg, one-handed, and then hang it off your side table while you add smoke wood, clear a clog, or toss in the neighbor's &#^%! rat terrier.  
    They aren't a necessity, but damn they're handy (I have the L and S), and I'm glad I got them!

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options
    I'm not sure how the Thermapen got categorized as a BGE accessory. I had 3 of them before I ever got my first BGE. It is valuable in all types of cooking.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    The one that gets used the most use is this raised grid I made with some stainless bolts, nuts, and washers. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I love my Kick Ask Baskets, Thermapen and cast iron skillets/dutch ovens. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    The #1 accessory I would recommend would anything that lets you switch between direct and indirect cooking.  

The BGE option is the plate setter, now called the convEGGtor.  I recommend looking at the woo/AR option from the ceramic grill store listed above.  If I could go back in time, I would have purchased the CGS option in lieu of the plate setter
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • flyerdoc
    flyerdoc Posts: 141
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    The #1 accessory I would recommend would anything that lets you switch between direct and indirect cooking.  

The BGE option is the plate setter, now called the convEGGtor.  I recommend looking at the woo/AR option from the ceramic grill store listed above.  If I could go back in time, I would have purchased the CGS option in lieu of the plate setter
    If I could go back in time I would have bought Apple stock when it first came out and then bought out BGE for my personal use...just dreaming...