Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3rd or 4th attempt

Options
cfuller3
cfuller3 Posts: 33
Used bread machine to put the dough together. Broken pizza stone from last attempt.  Oh, and it broke some more. Pampered Chef stones aren't up to the task on an Egg.  "Just ain't happen'n"  Guessing time at about 9 to 12 minutes total because I actually put it back in after looking, wanted darker edge.  Got it.  Now I have to get a real pizza stone and keep working on the transfer. Used parchment paper and it almost didn't last 2 minutes waiting to remove it from under the pizza in the Egg.
Portsmouth, VA.  LBGE.  Missed all this fun till now.   Update: Minimax added to arsenal. Hint, don't take off camping for a month after getting a LBGE, and leave it home, it'll cost you plenty.

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options
    Damn fine looking pie!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Mmmhmmm I'd take a few slices

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    I like it!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    Very respectable pie ! I use the machine for dough too . :-)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • AVEngineer
    AVEngineer Posts: 120
    Options
    Great looking pie. Pizza are always a favorite around here. 
    Medium BGE , iGrill2
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Looks great...I'd tear into it !!! Lots of folks raise their grate up high in the dome to cook the toppings at higher temp.  I've tried different levels...but I'm no eggspert, I couldn't tell much difference.   Again....I'm no eggspert !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!