Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    lousubcap said:
    Dang @Ozzie_Isaac looks like plenty of room for more.  May need to make a pit-stop.  BTW- is this another van or just the pace of operations with carry-over  ;)
    Same van.  There are 4 guys packing and loading.  Crazy hard workers.  Stop for 20 min lunch, no other breaks!

Surveyor said 3 day job.  The driver said we will do it in 2.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Wrapping up my short ribs and drinking beer. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @Ozzie_Isaac you must have quite a house and likely full.  I became a big fan of the pack and wrap on one day and load the next but each carrier has their own process.  I hope you get to experience the door-to-door deal.  Best of luck with all the new horizons and above all, enjoy the new chapter.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac you must have quite a house and likely full.  I became a big fan of the pack and wrap on one day and load the next but each carrier has their own process.  I hope you get to experience the door-to-door deal.  Best of luck with all the new horizons and above all, enjoy the new chapter.
    This move has made me realize I am a hoarder.  We gave away 3 sofas, 2 lawn mowers, a weedeater, 4 or 5 full loads to Goodwill, a freezer, and a fridge.  I am still embarrassed by all the stuff!

Going from 3000sq.ft plus a 1600 sq.ft basement, to 2600 sq.ft with no basement or attic will be interesting.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Stained the inside of the fence this morning.  Crazy it took 10 gallons just to do the inside.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @blind99 had no idea what I was getting. I just like to try different stuff when I'm out. Should have read the menu a little closer. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Making a onion emulsion so I can make Lima beans later. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @sgh what's that? Please share
    @theyolksonyou how'd you like it?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Polished this off:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
  • theyolksonyou
    Wonder how much the kid dropped on this suit.

• SGH
    Fixing to do some bacon wrapped, stuffed, 500 degree Turbo Chicken on the mighty mini. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    @theyolksonyou -  keen eye right there.  I would bet is was more than a buck two-eighty or a nickel ninety-five.  But it only happens once...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    Lou, wasn't my eye. It's all over Twitter. I thought it was pretty sweet though. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @Lit it took 7 to do our deck. I bought 3 initially thinking I'd have extra left over.  Lol

@theyolksonyou Jason you get hard core drinker of the day. I always thought light beer was made for lunch time. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    Jeremiah said:
     I always thought light beer was made for lunch time. 
    I always thought light beer was for the gay crowd ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    At soldier field Coldplay concert!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • theyolksonyou
    @nolaegghead @fleurdirious hooked you up. That looks fantastic 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    @nolaegghead @fleurdirious hooked you up. That looks fantastic 
    A serious pile of delicious in that pic.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932

I'll bet he can afford it 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    ^^^ Incredible suit, tie, and shirt, and a fantastic photo to boot!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2016
    Beautiful suit!  Those children sewing suits have great eyes!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344

I read a few years ago that the company that makes that cloth charges about $15K for the custom named/embroidered material for a suit. Many years ago Former Egyptian President Mobarak was known to have a pinstripe suit embroidered with his name in the stripes like that. I have no idea what a Savile Row tailor charges to turn that fabric into a bespoke suit but I would guess it's a bit less than the cost of the fabric.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Watching TV..just got home from being stuck in traffic on the interstate .. Should have been home 2 hrs ago
    cussing this heat wave....its frickin Rick diculous

11 pm and 88degrees at night.. Wishing for cold weather 

also so been cussing small lawnmower engines 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,427
    @lit

That fence looks good!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    HeavyG said:

I read a few years ago that the company that makes that cloth charges about $15K for the custom named/embroidered material for a suit. Many years ago Former Egyptian President Mobarak was known to have a pinstripe suit embroidered with his name in the stripes like that. I have no idea what a Savile Row tailor charges to turn that fabric into a bespoke suit but I would guess it's a bit less than the cost of the fabric.
    Whatever the cost, it's just pocket money for him. I love the look. Very classy. 
  • Lit said:
    Stained the inside of the fence this morning.  Crazy it took 10 gallons just to do the inside.
    Did you do that by hand or use a sprayer?  I need to do mine.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Lit said:
    Did you do that by hand or use a sprayer?  I need to do mine.  
    I used an Echo 3 gallon pump sprayer. It's easy just time consuming. Not sure how other stains work but the stuff I used called ready seal is amazing you spray it on and it can have horrible runs and it just evened itself out. No wiping or touching up or anything. I could have done the inside and outside in probably 5 hours or so and my fence is just over 160'.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Lit said:
    Wiping sweat from my forehead just looking at those pictures. Looks outstanding Lit.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow