Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA - a highly recommended item to keep handy!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
With all the talk of knives comes this reminder - but what really triggered it was this morning I dropped a jar that shattered on the kitchen floor. Sure enough while cleaning it up a glass shard cut the tip of my finger pretty bad and I had blood all over! A quick plunge into a pile of this and it stopped the bleeding instantly. Be safe, but also be prepared!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I keep one handy to keep an intruder from bleeding to death before the cops arrive!!~~
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @Rascal you're much more forgiving than I am. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    I do some amateur wood carving, and keep that in my shop. Stings more than a little.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,092
    Options
    Funny thing, when I saw the title I immediately thought "bandaid".

This stuff looks better.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Btw Ron, with all your ..... wait.  Never mind. ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2016
    Options

More commonly know as Kwik Stop.  I was introduced to this product almost 30 yrs ago when I was first getting into breeding dogs. I no longer breed or seriously work civilian or MWD's. But, I do keep all my supplies and MWD's tactical bag. This product works equally as well on us humans (I have test trialed :wink: ).  Oh and this is NOT single usage. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • mrs_story
    mrs_story Posts: 136
    Options
    I didn't know about the powder -- only the pencil form.  Is there a benefit to the powder over the pencil?  I've never had to use it, but my husband said it stung when he used it after getting a cut while shaving.  But it stopped the bleeding!
  • RRP
    Options
    mrs_story said:
    I didn't know about the powder -- only the pencil form.  Is there a benefit to the powder over the pencil?  I've never had to use it, but my husband said it stung when he used it after getting a cut while shaving.  But it stopped the bleeding!
    You are referring to a styptic pen which is handy for shaving nicks. This stuff is a super fine powder and all I did was stick my finger in the pile I poured out and BLAM it stopped the flow of blood! A styptic pen will slow a nick, but a wound it will not - especially immediately. Different things for different purposes.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I also use CA glue.  Saves me from ER and stitches.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP
    And to think, I was half expecting to see a stack of hundred dollar bills ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Or a automated money counter =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    I also use CA glue.  Saves me from ER and stitches.
    I hear you but while waiting for CA glue to set up, or Liquid Bandage or a styptic pen to work you keep bleeding - whereas this stuff stops the bleeding IMMEDIATELY!